Ogg tags - waiting for next firmware update?

Hello!
I would like to use Ogg files on my Clip but my Ogg files’ tags aren’t recognized by the clip. I read that it’s a problem of lowercase written tag titles but I have no idea how to change this. I use foobar2k to create the Ogg files. Do you have any tips for me how to convert the tags or am I supposed to wait for a firmware update? When will an update be released?
Thanks!

Regards,
Jonas

Yup, it’s been awhile since the last update. When will new update released?

Use dbpoweramp to convert to ogg.

Go to “dbpoweramp configuration”,  then “Codecs” tab, then click on “advanced options” then under “ogg vorbis id tagging” change the “force uppercase elements” to “yes”.

Oggs show up perfectly on my clip. 

Hi!
Thanks for the tip! The Oggs created by dBpoweramp do work. But for me it’s not the perfect solution since dbpoweramp can’t read cue files (I have ripped many of my CDs to CUE+FLAC). Well, better than nothing, I’m still awaiting a bug fix.

Regards,
Jonas

Yeah Jovo not sure why dbpoweramp doesn’t have a cue splitter, it sure has everything else.

But another great program I use to split cues is “Medieval CUE Splitter”. It works perfect, splits flac, ape, wav and wavepack.

As for me the best audio tool is Easy CD-DA Extractor 11.5 and newer

http://www.poikosoft.com/ — there is 30-day trial here, so you can download & try.

It supports cue quite nice.

The files converted to OGG format have right tags

here you can see the info of the file converted to OGG with Easy CD-DA Extractor 11.5

General
Complete name                    : C:\Documents and Settings\60\Рабочий стол\07 - Sooner or later.ogg
Format                           : OGG
File size                        : 3.29 MiB
Duration                         : 3mn 39s
Overal bit rate                  : 126 Kbps
Album                            : Were Not Alone Here
Track name                       : Sooner or later
Track name/Position              : 07
Performer                        : Breaking Benjamin
Genre                            : Alt.Rock
Recorded date                    : 2004
Writing application              : Easy CD-DA Extractor (http://www.poikosoft.com)
ALBUMARTIST                      : Breaking Benjamin

Audio
Format                           : Vorbis
Format settings, Floor           : 1
Duration                         : 3mn 39s
Bit rate                         : 128 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 44.1 KHz

So, as you can see? program automaticaly set AlbumArtist in uppercase.

This file plays good on my clip

I also use foobar to convert to ogg (it’s a free program) and hope that the new firmware will address the tag problem.

Does anyone know of any other free, easy to use, software to change the tags to make it work on the Clip?

use EasyTag - it is available for Windoze as well as Linux

it works well for me in Linux so give the Windoze version a try