OGG Playback Skips at 22050 Hz Sample Rate

This is just a bug report that the Sansa Fuze skips when playing back an OGG file at 22050 Hz. I can provide a sample file if requested. Thanks!

@ctenorman wrote:
This is just a bug report that the Sansa Fuze skips when playing back an OGG file at 22050 Hz. I can provide a sample file if requested. Thanks!

I use this format all of the time with no glitches whatsoever.  It has been reported a couple of times before and the solution for them was to reapply the firmware.  After doing so, the above mentioned files worked properly.

I’d like to confirm this: no problems with ogg files at 22050Hz here. Newest firmware and formatted drive, of cause … :smiley:

All mine are sampled at 44100, and work fine. I’ve never tried the lower sampling rate. What purpose does it serve?

@marvin_martian wrote:
All mine are sampled at 44100, and work fine. I’ve never tried the lower sampling rate. What purpose does it serve?

Talk Radio.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:


@marvin_martian wrote:
All mine are sampled at 44100, and work fine. I’ve never tried the lower sampling rate. What purpose does it serve?


Talk Radio.

Ah, that makes sense.

@marvin_martian wrote:


@fuze_owner_gb wrote:


@marvin_martian wrote:
All mine are sampled at 44100, and work fine. I’ve never tried the lower sampling rate. What purpose does it serve?


Talk Radio.


Ah, that makes sense.

Hey… I dont know whether to be insulted or to except the realities of Am radio…

@marvin_martian wrote:
All mine are sampled at 44100, and work fine. I’ve never tried the lower sampling rate. What purpose does it serve?

 

saves space.

Another  facter in working or not on some players is encoding in mono instead of stereo.   

Thank you! You nailed it, reloading the firmware worked for some reason! This is interesting, as I’d upgraded to the new firmware a short time ago. However, just glad it works. Thanks!

@ctenorman wrote:
Thank you! You nailed it, reloading the firmware worked for some reason! This is interesting, as I’d upgraded to the new firmware a short time ago. However, just glad it works. Thanks!

Glad it worked.  Luckily, I remembered a few others having a similar issue.

noob:

why 44k, why not 10234567343k?

lower bitrates make smaller files for voice

they are called podcasts…

ok that was wierd

i DID format my Fuze from the Fuze menu and now OGGs at 44k, 70kbps seem to work fine.

Message Edited by bytehd2000 on 05-09-2009 02:45 PM