Off Topic SSD & M2 drive for HP Omen W200CTO laptop

I just bought a New HP Laptop for the wife: HP Omen –  W200CTO  is exact model number…

It has only one drive slot:  a 1GB Spinning drive in it, and room for a M.2 drive to be added…

They tell me warranty is void if I open it up (no Access Doors on this model)… So, I’ll wait till next year, and update RAM, SSD, and possibly add an M.2 drive…

Has anyone here put in a SSD in that model, and if so, how did you deal with the 960GB vs. 1TB space issue?

Second question… Has anyone added a SanDisk M.2 drive to an Omen, and how did it go?  HP Support tells me that M.2 slot is limited to 500GB…

???

No comments from the factory folks???

this would probably be a better question for the computer manufacturer or at least a forum for the computer manufacturers devices. 

Sorry it took so long to reply…

I HAVE contacted the MFG (HP)…  

Guess what?  They suggested that If I want an SSD, or M2 disc… Purchase another HP Laptop with one! (SSD and M2 drives would be from a different MFG, by the way…)

I figured you wanted the business… 

Want to revise your post?

first this is a user forum we dont work for sandisk.

second you ask if anyone has had any experience with that computer and no one responded. This typically means that there is no one here with a answer for you. if you have not had luck with the manufacturer try a forum for the computer itself to see if any users using that particular computer have any experience with adding an ssd. 

have had multiple conversations with Sandisk folk here…

Sorry you couldn’t help…

@janj wrote:

I just bought a New HP Laptop for the wife: HP Omen –  W200CTO  is exact model number…

It has only one drive slot:  a 1GB Spinning drive in it, and room for a M.2 drive to be added…

They tell me warranty is void if I open it up (no Access Doors on this model)… So, I’ll wait till next year, and update RAM, SSD, and possibly add an M.2 drive…

Has anyone here put in a SSD in that model, and if so, how did you deal with the 960GB vs. 1TB space issue?

Second question… Has anyone added a SanDisk M.2 drive to an Omen, and how did it go?  HP Support tells me that M.2 slot is limited to 500GB…

???

@janj wrote:

???

Guess what?  They suggested that If I want an SSD, or M2 disc… Purchase another HP Laptop with one! (SSD and M2 drives would be from a different MFG, by the way…

@drlucky wrote:

first this is a user forum we dont work for sandisk.

second you ask if anyone has had any experience with that computer and no one responded. This typically means that there is no one here with a answer for you. if you have not had luck with the manufacturer try a forum for the computer itself to see if any users using that particular computer have any experience with adding an ssd. 

https://8ballpool.onl/ https://discord.software/ https://omegle.onl/

They suggested that If I want an SSD, or M2 disc… Purchase another HP Laptop with one! (SSD and M2 drives would be from a different MFG, by the way…