# of songs recognized on clip+ shuffle???

Here on the forum, Tapeworm informed me that “The Clip+'s track limit is ~8000. The database (and track count) is derived from the ID3 tags of the audio files.” How sure is that information? I started all over and now have 8000 - all formated exactly the same, same bitrate, no comments on any files. It still only recognizes 4844 files.

@rsoos wrote:

Here on the forum, Tapeworm informed me that “The Clip+'s track limit is ~8000. The database (and track count) is derived from the ID3 tags of the audio files.” How sure is that information? I started all over and now have 8000 - all formated exactly the same, same bitrate, no comments on any files. It still only recognizes 4844 files.

Yes, the clip+ has a track limit of 8000.  If you look under settings>system settings>info on your player, it’ll show you the total number of songs that are on it.

Another poster with a huge library was able to get that amount, with a card, onto the clip+.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/8000-song-limit-on-Clip/m-p/153488#M31575

@rsoos wrote:

I started all over and now have 8000 - all formated exactly the same, same bitrate, no comments on any files. It still only recognizes 4844 files.

Do you have any with exceptionally long names (titles) or are buried within multiple folder layers? This can affect the number of tracks, as there is a finite space within the database file. Once you exceed the number of characters this file is designed to hold (and consequently the file size limit), then anything above this will probably not be recognized.