NPR Podcasts

Hello - how are others downloading NPR shows?  I’m not sure i’m doing it the best way.  Thanks.

I am just dragging and dropping them into a Podcasts folder in the root directory of my Clip.  Since the Clip uses the ID3 tags, need to make sure that they are tagged nicely enough; the genre Postcast seems to work fine.

I also use a short DOS batch file that I had written which simply copies all podcasts that I’ve downloaded onto my computer into identical folders on the Clip, all with a single click–saves going into my categorized podcasts folders and transferring the contents over 1-by-1 or dragging and dropping.

Either of two ways. 

I wrote a short DOS batch file that simply copies all podcasts that I’ve downloaded onto my computer into identical folders on the Clip, all with a single click of an icon on my computer’s desktop–saves going into my categorized podcasts folders and transferring the contents over 1-by-1 or dragging and dropping.  (And then I have a second batch file and icon which delete the podcasts off my computer, again with a single clip.)

Otherwise, I am just dragging and dropping them into a Podcasts folder in the root directory of my Clip. 

Since the Clip uses the ID3 tags, need to make sure that they are tagged nicely enough; the genre Postcast seems to work fine.

Either of two ways. 

I wrote a short DOS batch file that simply copies all podcasts that I’ve downloaded onto my computer into identical folders on the Clip, all with a single click of an icon on my computer’s desktop–saves going into my categorized podcasts folders and transferring the contents over 1-by-1 or dragging and dropping.  (And then I have a second batch file and icon which delete the podcasts off my computer, again with a single clip.)

Otherwise, I am just dragging and dropping them into a Podcasts folder in the root directory of my Clip. 

Since the Clip uses the ID3 tags, need to make sure that they are tagged nicely enough; the genre Postcast seems to work fine.

(I assume you meant, how are people getting podcasts onto the Clip, and not how to get the podcasts to begin with.  But if you meant the second, I use a great (and free) podcast aggregator program originally called iPodder, now Juice–easily found on the Internet.  http://juicereceiver.sourceforge.net/)