Not Sure if Sansa is completely Broken. Please help!!

Pardon my typing and communication skills as I am very fustrated right now. I will attempt to explain the situation properly. I was listening to the radio on my Sansa e260. When I tried to change the station (which worked earlier in the day) the screen suddenly faded to white briefly and then it restarted itself. Once it resarted, it is stuck on the opening screen where it says “SanDisk”…and it won’t advance. The Sansa is still lit up and everything. I tried holding the button down to shut it off (which resets it), but it won’t shut down properly either.

I noticed that when I plug it into the PC via my USB cord and slide the lock button over, it unsticks and everything returns to normal. But, only for a brief moment. Afterwards it returns to the same issue. What is going on here? This thing isn’t even 1 year old yet. What happened?

PS: I believe my firmware is already updated as I was informed that there are no updates available for my Sansa Fuse e260.

Message Edited by kiabell04 on 01-25-2010 04:45 AM

ok

1. this is the forum for the fuze not E260’s

2. have you dropped it or anything like that?

3. does it show up on the computer when you plug it in, and if it does does it say the drive is corrupted

kiabell04 wrote:

I tried holding the button down to shut it off (which resets it), but it won’t shut down properly either.

Try holding the power/menu button down longer. It may take up to 30 seconds , but it will shut off (and reset in the process).