Not Connecting

im using Ubuntu 8.10 and last night i bought a sansa fuze i spent a couple hours of searching google and forums and i still cant find anything that works. on the mtp mode it will say Connect=>Writing=>Disconnected and on msc it says Connecting=>Writing and then back to the main screen. on lsusb it dosn’t show the device and on mtp-detect it says “no raw devices” i dont know if anybody else has had this problem but any help would be much appreciated.

Do a Search of the board for Fuze Lunix. This has been discussed many times, I am not a Lunix Expert, but the ones on here have found a solution.

Go into safely remove hardware right click on usb mass storage device, properties trouble shoot.  then click next and open device  manager and scroll down to universial serial bus controllers open that, and if you see something  with a yellow ! delete it and then unplug and plug back in your sansa

@pahunter wrote:
Go into safely remove hardware right click on usb mass storage device, properties trouble shoot.  then click next and open device  manager and scroll down to universial serial bus controllers open that, and if you see something  with a yellow ! delete it and then unplug and plug back in your sansa

I believe this is the procedure to solve an MTP connection issue within Windows. The OP stated he was using Linux, so I doubt this would help him.