noob question #1: track numbers above 100?

I just got my new Clip+ and have to say it’s pretty great so far. I ran up against my first issue quickly though. When tagging, I’ll sometimes use track numbers in the 100s to organize long pieces of music. For example 100-199 would be Act 1 of an opera, 200-299 Act 2, and so on. When I threw the folder onto the clip, album play came up with some bizarre order. When I went to folder play, everything played in the correct order. When I went back to retag the files and numbered consecutively from 1-99, album play went correctly. Does this sound correct?

flamand wrote:
I just got my new Clip+ and have to say it’s pretty great so far. I ran up against my first issue quickly though. When tagging, I’ll sometimes use track numbers in the 100s to organize long pieces of music. For example 100-199 would be Act 1 of an opera, 200-299 Act 2, and so on. When I threw the folder onto the clip, album play came up with some bizarre order. When I went to folder play, everything played in the correct order. When I went back to retag the files and numbered consecutively from 1-99, album play went correctly. Does this sound correct?

Yup. If you name your albums differently Opera A 1 and Opera A 2, that may help too because you could then number by disk 1-99

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-06-2010 12:06 AM

It’s best to use leading zeros, like 001, 002, 003 and so on. That will keep things numerically correct.