No new Sandisk players announced at CES?

Has Sandisk changed its strategy, and decided that new players should not be preannounced? When will we see new players from Sandisk? I want to buy a new player, however I already have the Fuze and Clip+, and am not interested in the Slotradio players. I had a Slotmusic player, but gave that away, as I found the lack of a display too annoying. Will my next player be a different brand, or will Sandisk surprise us soon enough with some new and exciting players? I guess I will probably wait a few weeks before buying another player, as none of the currently available players thrill me enough.

@jk98 wrote:
Has Sandisk changed its strategy, and decided that new players should not be preannounced? When will we see new players from Sandisk? I want to buy a new player, however I already have the Fuze and Clip+, and am not interested in the Slotradio players. I had a Slotmusic player, but gave that away, as I found the lack of a display too annoying. Will my next player be a different brand, or will Sandisk surprise us soon enough with some new and exciting players? I guess I will probably wait a few weeks before buying another player, as none of the currently available players thrill me enough.

I tend to agree.  I’m also surprised that a major up-grade to the fuze wasn’t announced.  A fuze up-grade or replacement, IMO, is long overdue.  It was a great little player when it was initially introduced, but it is now showing it’s age.  8GB players are a dime a dozen, and a 16GB model, at the very least is desperately needed.

fuze_owner-GB wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

I tend to agree.  I’m also surprised that a major up-grade to the fuze wasn’t announced.  A fuze up-grade or replacement, IMO, is long overdue.  It was a great little player when it was initially introduced, but it is now showing it’s age.  8GB players are a dime a dozen, and a 16GB model, at the very least is desperately needed.

+1, card slot or no card slot.:wink:

“I’m also surprised that a major up-grade to the fuze wasn’t announced. A fuze up-grade or replacement, IMO, is long overdue.”

A replacement for the View was much longer overdue. Why doesn’t Sandisk make any high capacity(at least 32 GB with a full sized SDXC card slot) players? Why don’t they make any players with long battery life(50+ hours) and HD radio?

JK98 wrote:

“I’m also surprised that a major up-grade to the fuze wasn’t announced. A fuze up-grade or replacement, IMO, is long overdue.”

A replacement for the View was much longer overdue. Why doesn’t Sandisk make any high capacity(at least 32 GB with a full sized SDXC card slot) players? Why don’t they make any players with long battery life(50+ hours) and HD radio?

They can’t come out with a player with an SDXC card slot until SDXC cards exist.:wink:

Bigger batteries are a +1 for me.  Hey, if SanDisk would have a close look at my basic mobile phone, a Nokia 1260, there’s a great idea hidden between the slide-down rear cover and the Lithium BL-5C 1020mAh battery module in there.

Hey, how absurdly cool would an e200 chassis with a Fuze scroll / wobble wheel control have been, with 16GB of tasty SanDisk NAND flash under the hood.  One can only dream.

From an engineering standpoint, I recommend evolution over revolution.

I am optimistic that there will be a new device on the horizon, with a hard-as-nails Lexan face, ooh baby…

More than that, I strongly suggest SanDisk partner with Altec Lansing to market a new release of the Made For Sansa inMotion iM413.  As it’s quite compatible with the 30-pin Sansa dock, across several models, it’s just a natural marriage.

I had better put on my suit and prepare a cool Powerpoint presentation over lunch.

Then again, I’ll even wear the Lil Monsta suit to make my point.

Viva La Sansa!!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

“They can’t come out with a player with an SDXC card slot until SDXC cards exist”

Why not? The standard has been in place for a long time. An SDXC slot will accept SDHC cards as well as SDXC cards.

Sandisk is more of a follower then a leader. When it comes to DAP’s, that is.

They are a leader, not a follower, in the memory market.

They will probably be making the cards for a year before they release a player that supports them. lol

Message Edited by Peregrine on 01-12-2010 11:34 AM

Memory devices is their bag, baby.  The Sansa is for fun.  Everybody has to have a cool hobby.

The Sansa line is a wonderful idea on many levels, whether the powers that be realize it or not.  The Sansa gives SanDisk brand recognition a boost.  I mean, without it, those wee µSD /SD cards look little different from the bargain bin ones in my mind.

There are several new kids on the block, namely the SlotRadio and SlotMusic devices, but I don’t personally feel either venue has the same meat and potatoes appeal of the Lil Monsta , the Sansa.  Since the solid c100, c200, and the e100 shown here, SanDisk has manufactured both memory and players.

Removable flash memory, and a cool machine to use it on, is a wise marketing pair.  Always has been, in my estimation.  This device is from 2005.  As you can see, SanDisk has come a long way.  These early players are tough as nails.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Yes, I would also like to see a new sansa mp3 player with longer batterry life. I will just wait and see what they come up with. I did not purchase the slot radio,slot music cards because they ■■■■. Come out with something new sandisk the view sucked. Make it up to your loyal customers.

fuze_owner-GB wrote: 

That would be nice, but I don’t think the same model with more memory merits the cost of “doing a show.”  Was sandisk displaying at all?