Just starting to play with Connect. All of a sudden, it wont display pics full screen. It shows thumbnails thats all. I select a thumbnail and the screen goes blank. The slideshow(?) don’t work no more. I recently today had an automated update. Has this happened to anyone else?
Try rebooting the device. If that doesn’t resolve it, and the problem is coincidental with the firmware update, I would be suspicious that the new firmware became corrupt when it was installed. You may need to run the device recovery tool. Click on the link below and download the tool and the instructions (two seperate downloads). It’s fairly straightforward, and can be accomplished in a half hour or so. You will lose whatever music and photos were on the device and you’ll have to transfer the music and photos again. Also, if you’re a Y! subscriber, you’ll have to re-enter your UID and PW again too.
The device recovery worked. The pics were on a external memory card. What happens if I get another update? Is there a way to block them?
I wouldn’t expect major firmware updates to come very often, and I’d recommend accepting them.
The current release version number is:
The firmware update you received provided the following new features:
1) Video Support – The 1.1.1 release allows users to play MPEG4 video files on the device. Only videos converted using the Sansa Media Converter are supported. Get Sansa Media Converter at http://www.sandisk.com/driverdownload/index.asp
2) Artist Search in Get More Music – Users can now search the Yahoo! library for songs by artist’s name.
3) “Browse Music” feature added to Get More Music – Top Albums, Top Songs and Explore by Genre are the user selections available for browsing.
4) Ability to stream music in Get More Music – Users can now play from a stream, instead of having to download the music found.
5) Support for microSD and microSDHC cards up to 8GB. Ability to read and write to the microSD card via MTP.
6) WiFi – Captive Portal support at many public hotspots. This depends largely on the way the hotspot was setup by the Internet Service Provider used. Support for major hotspots include: AT&T, FON, Wayport and T-Mobile.
7) Support for hidden WiFi networks ( access points using the Hide SSID option)
8) Power saving enhancements in SLEEP mode. The Connect will transition to OFF after 72 hours in SLEEP mode or if the battery level drops below 5%.
9) All licenses for Yahoo! Music Unlimited To Go subscription tracks will renew via WiFi connection - regardless of whether they were downloaded via WiFi or from Yahoo! Music Jukebox.
Below are the links to the resources and applications useful to Sansa Connect owners.
The new User Manual, FAQs and utilities are posted at www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1619.
The FAQs are very insightful and can jump start your experience with the Sansa Connect.
The Yahoo! Music Jukebox application and manuals can be downloaded at http://music.yahoo.com/jukebox.