No menu option in car

Hi,

I managed to solve the riddle of why my new sansa clip wouldn’t play at all in the car, but now it does I don’t seem to be able to actually use the menu at all.

This kind of defeats the object of why I purchased it, as I previously just had a dongle and hated having to skip through each track manually.

It is connected via my USB port.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

spent ages going through old threads, and finally found this:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=8758&query.id=90980#M8758

they don’t half make life difficult, i was expecting to be able to just plug in a play. well, i can, but only if i play everything in order.

okay, so from what i can gather if the sound quality ends up being rubbish through the aux in the car, i basically have an expensive USB Harddrive.

Message Edited by newbieforaday on 05-09-2009 08:48 AM

@newbieforaday wrote:
okay, so from what i can gather if the sound quality ends up being rubbish through the aux in the car, i basically have an expensive USB Harddrive.

Are you using EQ settings? It should be on Normal if you are running it into another device.

@newbieforaday wrote:

Sound quality should not be rubbish using Aux in.  As someone else said, be sure to turn the equalizer to “normal.” And also be sure to have the volume on the Clip turned up to 90 to 100% and then use volume control on the car stereo for normal adjustments.
Message Edited by Alohamora on 05-09-2009 09:17 AM

okay, so now i’ve run out of patience.

so i solved the riddle of what format you put the files in on the player to play in the car, and then this aux cable issue.

and for the 3rd time in the 2 weeks since i’ve had it i jump in the car expecting the whole problem to finally be solved…

“there is not enough space for music db. please free up x amount”

now this may have something to do with when i transferred all my music onto the clip (the 2nd time around) it wouldn’t all fit, despite having done so the first time.

so the question i have to ask myself is: is this thing EVER going to work in the car ?? and how much more time am i going to have to waste to get it to ???

any help appreciated, i’ve kinda gotten fed up with searching the forums again and again for solutions.

(note to sandisk: make your mp3 player play through the USB port on car stereos at the same time as being able to use the menu option. you know it makes sense.)

right, i wasted some more time doing a search of the forums.

i’m not actually sure i can be bothered doing all the things to sort this problem out.

if i’d wanted an mp3 riddled with issues i could have bought a re-conditioned creative zen.

back to the shop with this, and to think i purchased it on the back of it winning a revoo award.