No files listed in Windows Explorer

Hi All,

I just receivd my new Fuze, which contain music, photos and a video clip installed on it. When I connect it to my computer Explorer shows the folders, but they are empty. Checking the properties of the Fuze show that there are 214Megs of data (music, etc) on it. How can I view what’s on my Fuze thru Explorer?

Thanks. 

Connect in MTP mode.  Go to Settings>USBmode >  select MTP.  I assume you are using a PC

Thank you. Will try it.

Nope, tried all 3 options (auto, MSC, MTP). list is just the folders and some sys files in the root directory…but no songs, photos, or video files listed. they are there of course; I can play them.

Format the player.

That’s the only way I’ve been able to find to get rid of the junk they include with it.

Naturally, nothing in the documentation tells you about this.

You’ll find it under Settings | System Settings .

Set the unit to MSC mode.

MTP is more trouble than it’s worth.

thanks tmarkoski.

These files/foldes are ‘hidden’ by default on the player. You have to ‘un-hide’ them so Widows will ‘show’ them to you.

Thanks for the tip.

Sometimes the most obvious solution is right in front you.

I used Xplorer2 for a file manager and I have it set to see all folders.

Somehow I didn’t see the hidden ones.

In the past I’ve had to use CheckDisk to fix corruption errors on an e280.

I didn’t even think to check for hidden folders.

Message Edited by tmarkoski on 09-27-2008 03:58 PM

I use Windows Explorer and have it set to show hidden files. Could not see them. Formatted the drive. works fine. thanks.

@noki wrote:
I use Windows Explorer and have it set to show hidden files. Could not see them. Formatted the drive. works fine. thanks.

You had the same experience I did.

Glad my tip worked for you.