Nice-looking USB AC adapter, with foldaway plug--$3.49 shipped

Saw this and it seems nice; meets (and exceeds) the Clip+ player specs.

http://www.meritline.com/new-usb-power-charger-wall-adapter-plug-for-iphone-ipod-ipad—p-49826.aspx

Meritline is a dependable company; note:  often ships from Hong Kong or Singapore, with shipments taking 1 - 2-1/2 weeks. 

And ignore the fact that it says “for iPhone, iPad, iPod”. It has a standard USB output, so it can be used with any USB-powered device, not just iWhatever.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 08-07-2010 06:05 PM

Yep–that’s what I thought as well, from the specs.  (I think Meritline is aiming for the Apple crowd, based on the higher amperage of this charger, 1000 mA.)

I saw that Meritline also has a sort of plug-design USB adapter as well, for another $2.

http://www.meritline.com/new-usb-power-charger-wall-adapter-plug—p-49827.aspx 

Message Edited by Miikerman on 08-07-2010 06:33 PM

With a 1A capacity, looks like USB2.0 charging is possible (min. 500mA).

I still like the Sansa USB adapter the best, it looks cool, and it’s small.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I agree as to the syling of the SanDisk adapter (although it looks a bit retro, to the 1950s).  But the 2nd Meritline adapter above is a similar nice second, at less than half the cost …

I agree as to the styling of the SanDisk adapter (although it looks a bit retro, to the 1950s).  But the 2nd Meritline adapter above is a similar nice second, at less than half the cost …

I agree as to the styling of the SanDisk adapter (although it looks a bit retro, to the 1950s).  But the 2nd Meritline adapter above is a similar nice second (and with a 1 A capacity; the SanDisk is at 500 mA), at less than half the cost …

I actually have two of these: Eforcity USB Charger

I use them to charge several devices that charge/run on 5v power (a Cowon S9 and a ebook reader for example).  Should also work on the Clip+ just fine.

Message Edited by Acreo_Aeneas on 08-08-2010 05:15 AM