Newly bought sansa conncect: cannot use?

There was a huge sale at a local shop and I bought the display model one which was the last one. To my dismay, it doesn’t seem to work? When you first turn it on, a screen shows up with the Sansa logo on top and five little colored orbs which each have one of the mp3 player’s features. Except, that’s it. after waiting 10 minutes, nothing else happens. I clicked every kind of button there is and nothing happens. When I connect it to the yahoo music jukebox it doesn’t recognize the player. Am I doing something wrong, or should I simply try to return it?

It’s supposed to be a mp3 player but so far all I’m getting is the blue screen with the sansa logo.

try recovery mode  , it worked for me

safiire284 wrote:

There was a huge sale at a local shop and I bought the display model one which was the last one. To my dismay, it doesn’t seem to work? When you first turn it on, a screen shows up with the Sansa logo on top and five little colored orbs which each have one of the mp3 player’s features. Except, that’s it. after waiting 10 minutes, nothing else happens. I clicked every kind of button there is and nothing happens. When I connect it to the yahoo music jukebox it doesn’t recognize the player. Am I doing something wrong, or should I simply try to return it?

It’s supposed to be a mp3 player but so far all I’m getting is the blue screen with the sansa logo.

Download, install and run:

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1532

You should press and hold the power button for 8-10 seconds to make sure it is fully turned off.

Then charge it for at least 20 minutes.

After that, run the recovery tool as recommended in the previous posts.

This sounds like near complete battery drain. It tries to start but cannot. Installing the latest firmware with recovery tool will prevent this from happening again.