Newbie says hello!

Hi all

Just got my Sansa Fuze and thought I’d just say how pleased I am with it, and how pleased I am to find such a decent forum.

Never been an Apple man, my last MP3 player was a Rio Karma but the battery is on the way out unfortunately.

Two questions (though I am off to browse the forum to check):

What benefit do I get from a firmware upgrade?  1.01.11F at the moment.

Are there any common customisations that people have done to improve any aspect of the Fuze experience?

Many thanks!

@tall_paul wrote:

Hi all

<–Snip–>

What benefit do I get from a firmware upgrade?  1.01.11F at the moment.

Are there any common customisations that people have done to improve any aspect of the Fuze experience?

Many thanks!

Firmware upgrades are good because they contain bug fixes and new features. These things are sometimes really nice improvments and somethimes you dont notice. But I would update it I were you.

The most common customizations are Elimination of factory ear buds (The ones that say Sansa on them) for an aftermarket set of earbuds, headphones, or In-ear monitors. Most others invest in some type of case, and screen protector. The popular case is This one which comes in different colors, and this is the popular screen cover.

Thanks.  I’ll have a go at updating the firmware now!

@tall_paul wrote:
Thanks.  I’ll have a go at updating the firmware now!

Just a suggestion, Do a manual update. Most of  us suggest it because its simply easier to deal with than the updater.

Good call, I was just about to download the updater (just watched the video).

Thanks

I’ve been using this screen protector for a while and it is great! It fits my phone well because it is 3D full cover. Check out this website      https://www.iloome.com/collections/iphone-6s

with $5 dollar discount coupon code 3DMAXDK5