Newbie in need of help

Ok first of all i just bought these a week ago and am a total noob and to be frank kinda pissed of that its user interface is hard to understand… coming from a 1st generation ipod which just died on me this week for a life of 3 years…

First question:

what the hell is MSC and MTP? i’ve seen these terms around these boards and i am puzzled by what that means…

Second Question:

How do you make playlist with the rhapsody interface that came along with it? because i tried making two when i disconnected my fuze i can only see one playlist with the name “New Playlist”… not the one that i made through rhapsody and with a DIFFERENT name…

When i decided to just make another one again… what do you know. it deleted the previous “New Playlist” that i made with some songs and replaced it with the new one that i just made…

Wtf… i can only make ONE playlist?

any suggestions? i just basically want to make different playlist for different genres,albums,artist and whatever… this thing doesnt recognize the previous playlist that i made after i connect it again to my computer… (im using vista home premium 32-bit just in case)

anyone recommend a good player interface for this device? what do you use? which one is easier? user friendly?

many thanks :slight_smile:

Check out the FAQ and this post for MTP/MSC info.

You probably talking about the GoList , an on-the-fly playlist you can create on your player. You can put as many ‘playlists’ (different from the GoList) as you want, but they have to be created while connected to a computer.

Consult the User’s Guide, the How-To Videos and use the search box to find many, many discussions on this popular subject. :smiley:

@woot11 wrote:

Ok first of all i just bought these a week ago and am a total noob and to be frank kinda pissed of that its user interface is hard to understand… coming from a 1st generation ipod which just died on me this week for a life of 3 years…

First question:

what the hell is MSC and MTP? i’ve seen these terms around these boards and i am puzzled by what that means…

Second Question:

How do you make playlist with the rhapsody interface that came along with it? because i tried making two when i disconnected my fuze i can only see one playlist with the name “New Playlist”… not the one that i made through rhapsody and with a DIFFERENT name…

When i decided to just make another one again… what do you know. it deleted the previous “New Playlist” that i made with some songs and replaced it with the new one that i just made…

Wtf… i can only make ONE playlist?

any suggestions? i just basically want to make different playlist for different genres,albums,artist and whatever… this thing doesnt recognize the previous playlist that i made after i connect it again to my computer… (im using vista home premium 32-bit just in case)

anyone recommend a good player interface for this device? what do you use? which one is easier? user friendly?

many thanks :slight_smile:

I can understand your frustration. Ive been a sansa user for 2 years now before that I used an ipod. It was a little weird at first but over time it got easier. Couple of things:

1. Read the boards= most problems you come up against will be answered here

2. Consult the manual = it has easy to follow instructions on how to do stuff

Also with regard to your Rhapsody issue, I wont use it… I have close the Less cool but easier to use Windows Media Player (On my PC) and Media Monkey (On my Laptop) These programs are very user friendly and have really easy playlist creators.

Also don’t be afraid to do a Google search if you have a basic question on a general topic such as MTP vs MSC.