Newbie Here! Have a quick question?

I purchased a SanDisk Cruzer Glide 64GB. Never used one before today, and still trying to figure everything out.

I have been trying to “Safely Remove Hardware”, which is the SanDisk Cruzer for over an hour now. I am clicking on “Eject Cruzer Glide”, It gives me a message “The device is currently in use. Close any windows or programs that might be using the device and try again” I have the internet page I am writing this on open and that’s it. What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE: I got it finally. What the problem was I guess is that I had my web browser open when I was writing the message above asking for help. I had to open it, there is no other way to contact this forum. So maybe someone can explain to me why that happened? When I put the flash drive in the computer, can I not have anything else open with it? I hope I did not mess anything up on it. Just transferred a big genealogy file of documents. Let me know please, and thank you!

Was the link to this forum on the Glide? That could explain the connection.

Is your computer configured to use removable drives as temporary storage?

Regardless, I’m sure the drive is fine and I’m proud of you for using the Safely Remove option so persistently. So many others don’t use it at all and end up with problems on their removable drives.