newbie: best sites for downlaoding quality music onto clip?

i’m totally  new at this so i have no clue which site ie, rhapsody or whatever, is best and easiest.

…do they offer the software or both software and music?

also does any software make the music sound better, ie, less compression or what?

cheers

canali

I’d start by ripping your own CD’s into .mp3 format to put on your player. That’s free and it’s music you already like.

Rhapsody is a pay to play service. As long as you pay, the music will play. But it’s like $15 US a month. Napster is similar.

There’s Amazon, Walmart, E-Music and a number of other sites that will sell you individual tracks or albums(even iTunes), but they’ll cost you about a buck a song.

Here’s a thread with links to FREE (and LEGAL) downloadable music:

Free Music Downloads

@canali1 wrote:

also does any software make the music sound better, ie, less compression or what?

cheers

canali

For the best sound quality, use lossless formats. The Clip supports FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Compression).

Two caveats: Lossless files are considerably larger than lossy files (so your player won’t hold as much music), and lossless codecs take more CPU power to process, shortening battery life somewhat.

thanks…as per burning i only have a netbook with no cd driver on it for burning.

…as per lossless formats…do i have to set that up on my clip ahead of time

(and excuse my ignorance once more, but how…)?

FLAC support was added to the Clip with a firmware update (earlier this year, I believe), and was included in the Clip+ at launch. If your firmware supports FLAC, no special action is necessary. Just load and play like any other supported filetype. If you need to update your firmware, a link and instructions for updating are in a topic titled “Sansa Clip Firmware Update” on the Clip board.