New User of MP3 Player

Hi all,

I am an oldie trying to use my MP3 player I received for Christmas.  I  just downloaded the user’s manuel and hope I can figure it out.  I am pretty good on software on the computer, but so far using a MP3 player is NOT intuitive at all…

So I will probably be asking lots of questions…

So any help you guys can give is appreciated. 

Jordice

It will be a piece of cake for you.

Recommended:  install the .18 firmware upgrade–see the sticky above.  If your computer will not recognize the player (generally because the computer does not match the player’s initial requirements (Windows XP SP2 and WMP10 or greater)), put the player into hold (left-side switch), and then hold the center button down as you connect your player to the computer vis USB cable.  And then upgrade your firmware.

If your computer is not up to the player’s specs, set the player to MSC (mass computer storage) mode (under settings/USB), in which the player is seen simply as a hard drive by the computer and you just drag and drop files to it, just as you do in regular computer use.  The player retains all its functionality, except that files protected by (the dreaded) digital rights management cannot be used.  If DRM is needed by you, use the player’s other mode, MTP (media transfer protocol) for that.

Miikerman wrote:
If your computer is not up to the player’s specs, set the player to MSC (mass computer storage) mode (under settings/USB)

Only possible if the latest firmware has been installed; otherwise the hold/center button trick needs to be used.  But you knew that.  :wink:

Yep–that’s whay I noted to upgrade to the .18 firmware. :wink:   It should have been standard to begin with, for “non-compliant” systems.