New "Solved" icon

BASED ON THE TOTAL LACK OF (EVEN) A  RESPONSE TO THE MANY QUESTIONS  ABOUT THE AUDIO DELAY ON VIDEOS…I SUBMIT THAT THE “SOLVED ICON” IS A JOKE!

When Sansa refuses to honestly address this issue, the solved icon is laughable!

I challenge the Sansa techs to finally address this!!!

Hello Hello Hello…is there anyone out there?

Please, can someone (FROM SANSA)  finally answer the question?..

“How do I prevent the audio delay when copying videos with SMC?”

The "solved " icon is an interesting new feature, accessible solely to the original poster.  See how this witty prose has a green “solved” logo in the upper right corner?  Only you can see that. 

If my post solves your issue adequately, you can click the icon, marking it as the solution that you accepted.  Together, we can keep the screen from being needlessly peppered with “solved” icons by being responsible with its use.

The moderators are capable of looking down the post listings and marking the solutions if desired as well.

The solved icon is a bit big and goofy, but it just might help users find posts that include the needed solutions.

Have you tried various codecs with your video file in hopes of mitigating the delay?  Transferring long files from DVD, I am not encountering any delays.  Pulling files from YouTube, some of them have an annoying delay.  The issue starts with the source video and frame rates, I believe.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I’m not from SanDisk, but I have a solution. It is a problem with how the Sansa MEdia Converter convers things. You can get video with the audio in-sync if you convert videos with Rhapsody.

I’m not from SanDisk, but I have a solution. It is a problem with how the Sansa MEdia Converter convers things. You can get video with the audio in-sync if you convert videos with Rhapsody.

@ickster wrote:

BASED ON THE TOTAL LACK OF (EVEN) A  RESPONSE TO THE MANY QUESTIONS  ABOUT THE AUDIO DELAY ON VIDEOS…I SUBMIT THAT THE “SOLVED ICON” IS A JOKE!

When Sansa refuses to honestly address this issue, the solved icon is laughable!

I challenge the Sansa techs to finally address this!!!

Hello Hello Hello…is there anyone out there?

Please, can someone (FROM SANSA)  finally answer the question?..

“How do I prevent the audio delay when copying videos with SMC?”

Why are you under the impression that the forums are some kind of official method for getting your questions answered?  SanDisk employees participate informally here.  If you want to contact technical support:

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1692

@promisedplanet wrote:

Why are you under the impression that the forums are some kind of official method for getting your questions answered?  SanDisk employees participate informally here.  If you want to contact technical support:

Oh gee… I don’t know… maybe it’s because these forums are owned, operated, administered and moderated by Sandisk???

Wouldn’t it then make sense that if there was a solution to a problem that Sandisk would then publish that solution on their own forum?

Or maybe I’m just whacky thinking like that.

@eddiehaskell wrote:

@promisedplanet wrote:

Oh gee… I don’t know… maybe it’s because these forums are owned, operated, administered and moderated by Sandisk???

Wouldn’t it then make sense that if there was a solution to a problem that Sandisk would then publish that solution on their own forum?

Or maybe I’m just whacky thinking like that.

Sandisk has customer support phone numbers.  A support email address.  And a *user* forum, receiving hundreds of random posts each day.

Which method do you think is more likely to be efficiently monitored for support requests?  Which do you think is more likely to get responses to support requests?

@promisedplanet wrote:

Sandisk has customer support phone numbers.  A support email address.  And a *user* forum, receiving hundreds of random posts each day.

Which method do you think is more likely to be efficiently monitored for support requests?  Which do you think is more likely to get responses to support requests?

A *user* forum owned, operated, administered and moderated by Sandisk receiving hundreds of random posts each day… pretty much all complaining about the same goshdarn :wink: things.

So you tell me whats more efficient… answering each individual email asking for help with the same problem?  Answering each individual tech support phone call asking for help with the same problem?  Or posting one answer in the *user* forum.  A *user* forum in the sandisk.com domain btw.  A *user* forum owned, operated, administered and moderated by Sandisk.  A *user* forum which is accessed by clicking THIS  official looking image which is on the www.sandisk.com homepage?

Tell my… why on earth would ANYONE… EVER… think that by clicking that link on the www.sandisk.com official homepage that they would be taken somewhere to get official help from Sandisk?

Message Edited by eddiehaskell on 10-17-2008 09:38 AM

Good point, Ed.  Sandisk recently added those links to their home page, and I think it was a bad idea on their part.  Well, maybe not bad if it decreases their work load in that they get fewer questions via email and phone.  :wink:

I’ve never heard Sandisk state that they will supply consistent, reliable Sandisk-employee-based support through the forums.  If they will, well, my bad.  If they won’t, then I think the image you mention ( “for questions and discussions” ) is misleading.

Yes, I agree that answering frequently-asked questions via one set of posts on a website is more efficient than answering these questions via phone/email.  Typically, this is done via a FAQ rather than a user forum, but I guess it could be done either way.  But what’s with the arrogance of people?  “I’ve asked this question several times, I demand an answer!”  Do we know that Sandisk employees read every single post in the forums, even those that are buried in old threads, seeking out possible problems that they have to track?  “Oh, people may be demanding answers in that ‘New “Solved” icon’ thread, better keep tabs on that!”

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 10-17-2008 12:13 PM

I think the “arrogance” arises because there IS a perception that this IS an official means of getting help from Sandisk.  BTW, they may rotate the links, but that link has been there a long time.  That’s how I found these forums back in January. 

I agree, I’ve never heard Sandisk state that, word for word, either.  But, you have to admit… by hosting these forums in the sandisk.com domain… by linking to these forums from the Sandisk homepage… by branding these forums as Sandisk’s Sansa Community… by Sandisk employees answering some questions… the implication is that these forums are a place to get answers from Sandisk.  Right or wrong, that is the implication… that is people’s perception.

You call it arrogance… I call it frustration.

Hopefully, the Solved icon will help users find workable solutions easier, reducing the duplications.

I like that View in the picture…I’ve been following the View forum too (tips the glass to Eddie).  I’m hoping for some real progress with the View now that the Fuze rollout is going relatively smoothly.  The View has a monster chipset and a Godzilla firmware load in it- lots of files.

It’s my hope that with the increased memory (32GB onboard) there will be some incentive to get that beastie running right.

Yes, the Fuze makes a handy substitute for listening, but that View on the desk needs…some love.

As you find a working solution, in whichever forum, be sure to let everyone know via the Solved icon.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: