New Player Idea What do YOU think?

I was thinkin that it might be cool if on a future player it would be cool to have the ability to play flash files, or shockwave files . Maybe some other digital formats. I don’t want my fuze or any of my other players to do this. Im thinkin a new toy down the road. Would anybody else find this worth buying? 

Not really. Especially since flash/shockwave whatever are all formatted for a web-browser.

You’d have to pay licensing fees and have some serious CPU power…

I know… After I posted, I got to thinkin its really not practical. I am a graphic designer who is hoping to work with video games or web related media, so I create a lot of these files and it would be cool to be able to use my player to tkae these files with me to meetings. I found an SWF-Mpeg converter, this will work for now.

@autobahnsho wrote:

Not really. Especially since flash/shockwave whatever are all formatted for a web-browser.

You’d have to pay licensing fees and have some serious CPU power…

There are FLV codecs that don’t require a browser and are open source.  VLC plays FLV files, and FLV Player from http://www.martijndevisser.com/blog/flv-player/ will play FLV and some SWF files, but not all.

I had this idea today on the way home from school when my FM transmitter wasnt cutting it, How about a player with a built in digital FM transmitter? Anythoughts?

Yes! I agree conversionbox, a Sansa player with a built Digital FM Transmitter would be great! My mom’s phone, an LG Muzic, has a built in Digital FM transmitter that works very good with our home stereos.

@conversionbox wrote:
I had this idea today on the way home from school when my FM transmitter wasnt cutting it, How about a player with a built in digital FM transmitter? Anythoughts?

Good idea but the issue would be battery life. Transmitting takes a ton of juice.

(Not like bluetooth, which transmits in very very short bursts- it was actually designed for long battery life and a small range…)

@autobahnsho wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

Good idea but the issue would be battery life. Transmitting takes a ton of juice.

(Not like bluetooth, which transmits in very very short bursts- it was actually designed for long battery life and a small range…)

Maybe, That could have a AAA battery, to support an internal charge on the player? Does that make sense? You have a rechargable battery inside the player like what we have now. And then a AAA in the Transmitter which can be switched on and off.