New Fuze Owner - Odd Fault

Why hasn’t a fixed been made? Well, maybe because it’s happened to only a few people out of the thousands out there, and maybe it’s your music files that have viruses on them. Or, it’s just a random glitch that you can’t fix. You expect too much, seriously.

It’s going to be funny when you take it back to the retailer and tell them “The volume got too loud once” when you try to return it.

what a friendly community :slight_smile:

What a friendly community? It gets annoying when people come in here and expect their Fuze to be 100% bug free. Is anything in the electronic field 100% bug free? No. Everything glitches or messes up occasionally. It happened to you once and you are freaking out. Keep using it, see if it does it again. If it does, then go scan the music files on your computer and see if they have viruses. Maybe it’s not a firmware issue at all.

By the way, I’m listening to Five For Fighting on my Fuze with my JVC Marshmallow headphones right now. It’s AWESOME! :smiley: Too bad you couldn’t give it much of a chance. I don’t think I’ve ever had issues really. I do think that the text should be clearer and less rigidy though, what up with that anyway?

Shenanagins and Bukster, you both need to cool out. Buckster you have experianced a bug. Shenanagins you have been around long enough to know how to act. SO LISTEN UP, Buckster you need to make adjustments to the way you are using your player until a fix is implemented, if this is not possible I am sorry but you need to return it and get something else, but I am betting you could make some minor adjustments to get by. Shenanagins You need to take what ever is really bugging you and let it go, you have to understand that the OP is expericncing something that is not what they wanted to happen, I would be mad and short tempered too. These kind of arguments are what get people in trouble, and gets threads locked. Maybe you guys should take a break for a few hours to cool off.

He doesn’t listen at all. It was one glitch, that kind of stuff happens. My web browser froze a minute ago and when I went to reopen it it said it was already running. I don’t go return my computer because of a freak glitch like that. He needs to keep using it and see if it is a continuous error, which he seems unwilling to do.

Its something that is reproducable and has been since the day I bought my fuze. Its something that I can make the fuze do should I so choose, I however did what I suggested to the OP, I changed my habbits so that the bug was not an issue.

He’s tried to reproduce it and was unsucessful. I would think that tells you something, like maybe it was an extremely rare and random glitch that probably won’t happen again.

I think there working on that glitch for the next firmware realese maybe :0. Not sure. This has happended to me about 5 or 7 times now…all though it always scares the crud out of me when it happens (cause it’s random.) I’m still pretty happy with my fuze :] (Still hopeing customizable background will be alavialbe next release :P.)

I don’t think so, not so many peoples have this glitchz, but I think if you download a new firmware it should fix this problem.

I’m definately on the latest firmware .22

The firmware is not important the player has been doing this for a while. I have not heard about a fix. For now the work around is just to alter your habbits with the fuze so that it wont do this. Perhaps we will see a fix soon.

Or return it and get something else. No one here is holding a gun to your head to keep it. They’re merely pointing out that stuff happens to electronic gizmos and sometimes random glitches occur. The problem in this case is being worked on for a fix I’m sure, but if you are un-willing to wait, or are in the least bit leery and gun-shy about whether it will solve it or not, then by all means return your Fuze and get something that makes you happy.

To suddenly have music blaring in your ears is at the least rude, and at the most, potentially harmful. But as you have read, this occurs to a very small percentage of users. This fact doesn’t excuse it, but does put it in some sort of perspective when you consider how many Fuze owners there are (and some own more than one) and how many are actually experiencing this problem.

Hopefully you will have better luck with your next selection. It’s no skin off our noses whether you return it or keep it. We want you to be happy. If that means you’re willing to over-look and work-around this issue until a fix is found then fine; you will be among fellow Sansa fans here and a welcome member of the community.

But if all you want to do is rant about the product and/or bad-mouth the company who makes it and the people who trying to help you (and remember, you came here looking for help didn’t you?), then please return your Fuze and get on with your life. We don’t need that type of contribution. There are people here that we can help.

There is no point whatsoever to continuing to post about something that you (or any of us for that matter) have no control over. It’s not productive, and an only escalate to nowhere.

I wish you luck, whatever your decision. :smiley:

Or return it and get something else. No one here is holding a gun to your head to keep it. They’re merely pointing out that stuff happens to electronic gizmos and sometimes random glitches occur. The problem in this case is being worked on for a fix I’m sure, but if you are un-willing to wait, or are in the least bit leery and gun-shy about whether it will solve it or not, then by all means return your Fuze and get something that makes you happy.

To suddenly have music blaring in your ears is at the least rude, and at the most, potentially harmful. But as you have read, this occurs to a very small percentage of users. This fact doesn’t excuse it, but does put it in some sort of perspective when you consider how many Fuze owners there are (and some own more than one) and how many are actually experiencing this problem.

Hopefully you will have better luck with your next selection. It’s no skin off our noses whether you return it or keep it. We want you to be happy. If that means you’re willing to over-look and work-around this issue until a fix is found then fine; you will be among fellow Sansa fans here and a welcome member of the community.

But if all you want to do is rant about the product and/or bad-mouth the company who makes it and the people who trying to help you (and remember, you came here looking for help didn’t you?), then please return your Fuze and get on with your life. We don’t need that type of contribution. There are people here that we can help.

There is no point whatsoever to continuing to post about something that you (or any of us for that matter) have no control over. It’s not productive, and can only escalate to nowhere.

I sincerely wish you luck, whatever your decision. :smiley:

Well at least your consistant. Jerk.

@ickster wrote:

I think somebody needs a hug!

@ickster wrote:

DO you have a disfunction? Did you read the thread? If you have an issue with a member of the board send them a message and you can try to work it out. Dont come on here and belave like a 4 year old, nobody wants to hear that, and nobody carse that tape yelled at somebody who was behaving in the same manner you are.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-22-2009 01:01 AM

Jerk. How old are you? I’m guessing 17. Go back with your posse. Poser.