New firmware upgrade coming soon?

According to my trusty calendar, isn’t a new firmware upgrade due pretty shortly?

:wink:

Let’s see…shall we try ‘remote viewing’ the SanDisk world?  Toss the runes on the table.  Done with your tea?  Read the leaves!  Call Miss Cleo (or whatever those psychic scams are called today)!

Where in the world is the Magic 8-Ball??

I feel it…tasty firmware to feed our machines…

Well, my Clip is happy, save the occasional “synchronize to continue your music subscription”…but those incidents are decreasing…I hope…I really really hope!

For the afforementioned synchronization issue…I plan to format and reload…

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I think sansafix mentioned it, but I can’t remember. Do you know when?

@miikerman wrote:

According to my trusty calendar, isn’t a new firmware upgrade due pretty shortly?

It may take another month.  We want the upgrade to be significant and to not introduce new problems.

Regards,

SansaFix

Thanx for letting us know!

@sansafix wrote:
It may take another month.  We want the upgrade to be significant and to not introduce new problems.

Regards,

SansaFix

Thanks for the update sansafix.  :smiley:  Glad to hear there will be a firmware update soon, even though it may take a while longer.

Can you give us a preview of what upgrades are being done or considered?  Bookmarks (I’d like at least 3 but 10 would be great)?  Folder/filename navigation?  Elapsed/Total or Remaining/Total time?  Faster or adjustable scroll without cutting off longer artist/album/title tags?  Resume current track after computer connection?  Blank screen after connected for 15 seconds and then only light the navigation ring when connected to computer unless center button is pressed?

Thanks for the awesome product and support you provide on this forum.  :smileyvery-happy:

Steve

SteveG, I was getting ready to post my wishlist, and then yours had almost everything I wanted!  :wink:

Some additions, though, that I can think of:  for the EQ pre-sets, it would be great to see on the screen the band settings (as with the user preset), to get an idea of the cause-and-effect; it also would be nice if pressing the center button during playback could result in something in addition to the playback graph (perhaps a further press could show all the tag info. for the file being played?).

Would not want to spoil the suprise! :wink:

Some new features will get implemented and we’ll fix some bugs.

Cheers,  SansaFix.

You like to torture us, don’t you? :wink:

@sansafix wrote:

Cheers,  SansaFix.

Sansafix is checking out the new firmware…I’d bet he loves it.  I mean, just think about the process!

He strolls around the office, with his earbuds on, gets to tune out the boss- and he can proudly say “sorry, man, but I’m testing the new firmware out!”

Gotta love it.

Cheers!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

sansafix wrote:

Cheers,  SansaFix.

New features?  Nice.  I wouldn’t be surprising if Apple is actually starting to notice you guys now (that’s a compliment!) … dropping the price on the Shuffle … look for a Shuffle with a screen to come out soon.  :wink:

I heard that with the new firmware, the Clip will be able to make espresso.

Miikerman wrote:

That would be nice, but I’d rather it updated playcounts.

PromisedPlanet wrote:

Miikerman wrote:

That would be nice, but I’d rather it updated playcounts.

I prefer espresso’s.