New firmware update... (Not a suggestion its a question)

@tapeworm wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

I could care less if another firmware update ever comes out.  The Fuze does everything I want it to do, and is at the edge of being easy to use. 

I’m all about the music, and I couldn’t care less about wallpapers or any GUI stuff. 

I’ll check it out, but if I feel it doesn’t serve any advantages for me, I wont keep it installed permanently.

It is supposed to include some long-awaited bug fixes though, like the 4000 song database and 2000 shuffle limits. Along with the speed/pitch correction and the sudden ‘full-volume blast’ fix.

I have a feeling that we’ll also see some different wallpapers & cosmetic changes; just reading between the lines of what Sansafix said about not needing or wanting Rockbox after seeing the new f/w release.

'Course I could be all wet on this too. Happens everytime I go out in the rain. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah… I know.  I always take a “wait and see” approach to any new firmware.  It may be fantastic or less than so. 

I have been searching the Interweb for you.  Hmm…

Bob

@sr_rox wrote:

Whats the dreaded G word?Is it related to animated emoticons?If so please do tell me!!

Thanks,

SR 

Google.

On a different note, what’s the 2000 shuffle limits?

@corilof wrote:

@sr_rox wrote:

Whats the dreaded G word?Is it related to animated emoticons?If so please do tell me!!

Thanks,

SR 

Google.

I guess the shuffle algorithm only works on the first 2000 tracks…although I never noticed it :wink:

@corilof wrote:

@sr_rox wrote:

Thanks,

SR 

Google.

When they bumped the track limit to 4000, the shuffle algorithm didnt adjust for the added tracks. So the shuffle of all songs doesnt nessessarily include all songs right now. Its a bug that was fixed.

Oh I never even noticed.  

Well good to know.

Are they changing the shuffle algorithm?  It’s not that great in my opinion.  Just curious if they’re making nay changes to it when they fix this bug.   

@corilof wrote:

Oh I never even noticed.  

Well good to know.

Are they changing the shuffle algorithm?  It’s not that great in my opinion.  Just curious if they’re making nay changes to it when they fix this bug.   

Me thinks that it will just bump up the number of songs included in the shuffle algorithm so that all the songs on the player can be shuffled.

I only have somewhere near 800 songs (max) so I never noticed either problem, but what happens to that 2001st song or any after that? Do they still play after the list has completed? I can’t really see it lasting that long for anyone to notice though… I plug mine in often just to update tag info and what not.

Just curious. 

Oh, and back on this:

@conversionbox wrote:

@deadcereal wrote:
Yeah, I know, I was just pointing that out. People don’t specify dates (and I know Sandisk didn’t either) and that just drives me nuts. Sorry for the mini rant.

I wasnt criticizing. I feel the same as you do in a way. I want to know the Date and the Hour of the release so I can be plugged in and ready to go the second it drops. But I can also see Sandisks reasoning. There was a delay I believe on the last update, so you dont want to say it will be here by an exact day because stuff comes up. I do know however that Sansafix said this past week that it would be in the next two weeks… Im waiting anxiously.

Yeah, but I would rather wait a week or so for them to fix a major bug that bricks half of the players that get updates or any other annoying bug.

And I too… am waiting very anxiously.

@deadcereal wrote:

I only have somewhere near 800 songs (max) so I never noticed either problem, but what happens to that 2001st song or any after that? Do they still play after the list has completed? I can’t really see it lasting that long for anyone to notice though… I plug mine in often just to update tag info and what not.

Just curious. 

Well what happens is this. People have 4000 songs for instance, they go to music play all and have shuffle turned on. Then what happens is they hear some songs but not others. The fuze only shuffles the first 2000 songs. so you may not hear your ZZ Top albums because they are the 3999 and 4000 tracks.

@deadcereal wrote:

Oh, and back on this:

@conversionbox wrote:

@deadcereal wrote:
Yeah, I know, I was just pointing that out. People don’t specify dates (and I know Sandisk didn’t either) and that just drives me nuts. Sorry for the mini rant.

I wasnt criticizing. I feel the same as you do in a way. I want to know the Date and the Hour of the release so I can be plugged in and ready to go the second it drops. But I can also see Sandisks reasoning. There was a delay I believe on the last update, so you dont want to say it will be here by an exact day because stuff comes up. I do know however that Sansafix said this past week that it would be in the next two weeks… Im waiting anxiously.

Yeah, but I would rather wait a week or so for them to fix a major bug that bricks half of the players that get updates or any other annoying bug.

And I too… am waiting very anxiously.

HUH? What Bug? At the point we are in right now, it is my understanding that only things that cripple the fuze and MAJOR bugs in the soo to be released firmware can be fixed. And I am not even sure thats true. We will see.