New Firmware, id3 tags and ReplayGain problem

I’m having problems in getting some id3 metafields showing correctly with the new firmware (1.02.26F).
With the previous firmware i used “id3v2.3 + id3v1” tag type and it work perfectly, but with the new firmware it won’t recognize ReplayGain values. So I’ve tried with id3v2.4, but now it won’t recognize Genre metafield value, and with some files will show weird values for Track/Album Gain (e.g., shows -46.44 dB, instead of +3.56 dB. Interestingly -46.44-3.56=-50; or -48.1 dB, instead of +1.90 dB. -48.1-1.90=mmm… ok, ALL mp3’s with Track/Album Gain greater than 0.00dB show “-50.00+realvalue” ). If I play these files with Replaygain ON, volume will be very low (as expected) and it isn’t possible to change the output volume (i.e., output volume is the same whatever position the Volume Slider is in, except in mute, which will mute. I guess, because the gain is too large, volume slider at maximum isn’t enough to bring volume output out of minimum).
I mean, mp3 files with:
    -“id3v2.3 + id3v1” and “id3v2.3” tag types, won’t show Replaygain values;
    -“id3v2.4 + id3v1” tag types, won’t recognize Genre metafield;
    -“id3v2.4” tag types, won’t recognize Genre, Artist, Album and Title metafields;
    -ReplayGain values >0.00 dB, will output wrong value.

Also, in Track Info:
    -None of them show Year;
    -All of them show Track number like xy, where x=TRACKNUMBER and y=TOTALTRACKS metafields;
    -Same for Disc number. xy, where x=DISCNUMBER and y=TOTALDISCS.

I tag with foobar2000.

As for Vorbis Comment, works perfectly.

Anyone else have this problem?

Message Edited by eardrum on 04-10-2009 05:10 PM

Confirmed about RG and Track/Disc number. I didn’t mess with id3 tag versions though.

Apparently it’s all a Fuze’s incompatibility with foobar2000 mp3 tagging.

For the ReplayGain bug, Fuze will have problems reading values with the ‘+’ in it. I nice workaround is removing ‘+’ with Mp3Tag as discussed here .

This will also fix the GENRE value showing “Unknown” minor issue.

Date field still won’t show in Track Info, though (zero importance).

As for TOTALTRACKS thing, is how foobar2000 stores it in id3 as explained here:

[HydrogenAudio] Foobar2000:ID3 Tag Mapping

TOTALTRACKS: Stored in the same frame with TRACKNUMBER, separated by ‘/’: e.g. ‘4/9’.

TOTALDISCS: Stored in the same frame with DISCNUMBER, separated by ‘/’: e.g. ‘1/2’.

so Fuze shows the correct values, but it can’t show ‘/’.

Basically, tagging mp3 files with foobar2000:

“ID3v2 writer compatibility mode” - ON  -> Fuze won’t read ReplayGain values calculated in foob2000.

“ID3v2 writer compatibility mode” - OFF -> Fuze won’t recognize Genre metafield.

@eardrum wrote:

Apparently it’s all a Fuze’s incompatibility with foobar2000 mp3 tagging.

For the ReplayGain bug, Fuze will have problems reading values with the ‘+’ in it. I nice workaround is removing ‘+’ with Mp3Tag as discussed here .

This will also fix the GENRE value showing “Unknown” minor issue.

Date field still won’t show in Track Info, though (zero importance).

As for TOTALTRACKS thing, is how foobar2000 stores it in id3 as explained here:

[HydrogenAudio] Foobar2000:ID3 Tag Mapping

TOTALTRACKS: Stored in the same frame with TRACKNUMBER, separated by ‘/’: e.g. ‘4/9’.

TOTALDISCS: Stored in the same frame with DISCNUMBER, separated by ‘/’: e.g. ‘1/2’.

so Fuze shows the correct values, but it can’t show ‘/’.

Basically, tagging mp3 files with foobar2000:

“ID3v2 writer compatibility mode” - ON  -> Fuze won’t read ReplayGain values calculated in foob2000.

“ID3v2 writer compatibility mode” - OFF -> Fuze won’t recognize Genre metafield.

I have the same problem. My tags are 100% correct and were tagged with mp3tag. Instead of showing “1/8” or “1 of 8” it shows “18”.