New Firmaware = Low Volume and player now dead!

Own a Sansa Fuze 8Gb, updated to latest firmware and the volume levels dropped significantly. Now the player will not power up, even when connected to the PC via USB nor does it show as charging. Its dead 

I live in the UK and sadly Sansa dont give any working UK helplines or info on where to get warranty service. I think I am right in thinking that Fuze players come with a 2yr UK warranty?

Any help as to whats gone wrong, where I can get help will be greatly received.

Thanks

Try resetting the device. Hold the power sliding switch on the side in the uppermost postition for 20 seconds. If it doesn’t work right away, try it for longer (up to 30 secs.).

The volume issue for EU compliancy and is explained & discussed in many threads already.

Here’s one.

Here’s another.

But you’ll notice there’s also a workaround. :slight_smile:

Try resetting the device. Hold the power sliding switch on the side in the uppermost postition for 20 seconds. If it doesn’t work right away, try it for longer (up to 30 secs.).

The volume issue for EU compliancy and is explained & discussed in many threads already.

Here’s one.

Here’s another.

But you’ll notice there’s also a workaround.

Resolved the power options by using a Mains powered USB charger, maybe my usb port is not sending enough power? Anyway thanks for the help, I’ll have a look at the threads you have suggested. IMHO I choose what volume I want to listen to music at.

Thanks