is this a new version of the clip? click here to see it

@sansafinder wrote:
is this a new version of the clip? click here to see it

Did you even look at the board before you posted? :wink:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=20669

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=20631

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=20690

Yes.

What I find really interesting though are the dimensions of the unit decribed on Best Buy’s site. Click the specifications tab on the page you linked to and you’ll find:

Warranty Terms - Parts

1 year

Warranty Terms - Labor

1 year limited

Product Height

0.6"

Product Width

1.4"

Product Weight

0.9 oz.

Product Depth

2.2"

Storage Type

Flash memory

Built-In Storage Capacity

4GB

Included Removable Memory

None

Removable Memory Type

microSD/microSDHC

Digital Audio Format Upgradable

No

Computer Compatibility

PC and Mac

Music-Management Software

None

Voice Recorder

Yes

Music Service Compatibility

None

Digital Audio Formats

MP3, WMA, secure WMA, Ogg Vorbis and FLAC

PlaysForSure Compatibility

No

Remote Control

No

Battery Size

Built-in rechargeable

Battery Quantity

Battery Life

Up to 15 hours

Tuner Type

Digital FM

Headphone Type

Earphones

Bluetooth-Enabled

No

Color Category

Blue

What’s wrong with this picture? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the height and depth numbers have been flipped…

'Ya think?

Now THAT would be 1 kludgey-looking mp3 player! :smileyvery-happy:

sorry i did’nt know that someone already knew that! i was just so excited.

@sansafinder wrote:
sorry i did’nt know that someone already knew that! i was just so excited.

No worries, it’s a cool little player. :smiley:

Ok

Message to sandisk: please give help to rockbox firmware designers working on the view.  Some  people are having bugs and would like them fixed.

@sansafinder wrote:
Message to sandisk: please give help to rockbox firmware designers working on the view.  Some  people are having bugs and would like them fixed.

Interesting comment, since this is the Clip forum.:smileyvery-happy:

Robisan wrote:
I think the height and depth numbers have been flipped…

The dimensions are not correct. The Clip+ is almost identical in size to the regular Clip.   

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

New toys  !   so if i read this right it looks like…    clip + = 4 gig clip + slot    -.1 inch deep   + funky square buttons instead of cool round buttons.        If they improved the clip part…  I will buy one right away,   Otherwise I will wait till I have a need to get one.   My 8gig clips still working strong.  

Nice,    that pretty much marks the end of the old clip…   Say hello to the new clip+      Forget about firmware upgrades on the old clip.   It’s the way it is.   accept it :P  lol

Clip appears improved and sturdier; although, not removable.

One can always hope that as a responsible company, SanDisk will support its large (original) Clip consumer base with a revised firmware, long overdue.  

@miikerman wrote:

One can always hope that as a responsible company, SanDisk will support its large (original) Clip consumer base with a revised firmware, long overdue.  

Yeah . . . that’s exactly what we thought (and hoped) for the e200 series too. :cry:

hey at least the price on the old clip will go down and someone will get what they wanted for a good price.

@tapeworm wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Yeah . . . that’s exactly what we thought (and hoped) for the e200 series too. :cry:

Except that, given the Clip/Clip+ overlap, one would think that a port back to the Clip would be a piece of cake …

@miikerman wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Except that, given the Clip/Clip+ overlap, one would think that a port back to the Clip would be a piece of cake …

Same thing. The Fuze was out before it’s predecessor, the e200 was dropped. The Fuze is essentially an e200v2 in a different case. There was absolutely no reason why SanDisk could not have given the e200 owners one last firmware upgrade to fix a few bugs that were corrected with the Fuze model. They just chose not to.

So sandisk is pretty much expected to forget about the clip and make firmware updates for the clip+.

Music Service Compatibility

None

???

Is the Clip+ not going to work with my Rhapsody subscription?

That would be a downgrade, since my regular Clips do work with Rhapsody.

If it won’t work with Rhapsody, I’ll just have to send to the oen I odered back. Most of my music comes from Rhapsody to-go.

EDIT:

According to the CNET Editor’s review:

“Somewhat surprisingly–especially since there is absolutely no mention of it on the packaging or spec sheet–the Clip+ also includes Rhapsody DNA. This not only creates a symbiotic relationship between the player and service, it also allows you to transfer dynamically updated radio stations, called Channels, from Rhapsody. You can then set them to automatically update each time you connect the device.”

So that answers my question (and maybe one or two other people’s, though us Rhapsody subscribers seem to be a minority around these parts). Though it would have been surprising to me had it not included Rhapsody DNA, since the old Clips do. It is surprising that it’s not mentioned in the packaging or specs.

Message Edited by Seamus on 09-06-2009 06:58 PM

It looks like Sandisk is pushing their Slotradio cards and wants consumers to get those rather than Rhapsody. Imo the most annoying thing about the cards is the lack of control over which songs are played and in what order. At the low price per song I don’t expect to be able to transfer the songs to my pc, but I at least want the ability to choose which songs will play and in what order. Until they do this, I might not buy any Slotradio cards. I would also greatly prefer 400 or 500 song cards for under $20 rather than 1,000 song cards for $40-50.