New Clip+, crooked screen...

Well, aside from this little issue, so far the Clip+ is working out pretty well.  The only thing that I’ve noticed so far (in terms of things to bitch about) is that the screen/display is a little bit crooked (looks like it tilted to the right, maybe just a few degrees).  Anyone else get one like this?  I thought about returning it (to Amazon) and just getting a replacement, but it’s probably hit or miss whether the next one I get might have a similar problem, or something worse…

And for what it’s worth, a few years ago when I got my first iPod nano 3G ($150) - the screen was crooked on that thing too (I just lived with it  - it still bugs me, but it’s not a big deal) - hmm, maybe I’m just destined to have a crooked display…

Some people just naturally have a slightly ‘tilted’ view of life, don’t they? have you seen an optometrist? :smileyvery-happy:

Given your experience with your Nano and the fact that it still bugs you, I’d send this Clip+ back and get another one. Otherwise, a couple years down the road this one is still going to bug you too.

Maybe it’s just your luck but no, this isn’t a common malady with this player. If it were, we’d certainly be hearing about it here on the forum, and you’re the 1st person to bring it up.

Some people just naturally have a slightly ‘tilted’ view of life, don’t they? Have you seen an optometrist?  :smileyvery-happy:

Given your experience with your Nano and the fact that it still bugs you, I’d send this Clip+ back and get another one. Otherwise, a couple years down the road this one is still going to bug you too.

Maybe it’s just your luck but no, this isn’t a common malady with this player. If it were, we’d certainly be hearing about it here on the forum, and you’re the 1st person to bring it up.

EDIT: I DID find 1 other person complaining of this same ‘askew view’, but it was on a Fuze. It can happen, but it’s rare. I still say return it and get another one.

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 02-26-2010 08:02 AM

I’m most curious about your tweaked display.  Can you photograph it?

Bob  :dizzy_face:

Here’s a picture - it’s not great, but it does represent how the display is tilted slightly to the right (i.e. rotated clockwise).   crooked display

Jeez, with earthquakes in Chile, and Tsunamis a threat world-wide, I can think of better things to worry about…But, if it bothers you that much…return it and hopefully the replacement won’t have the same problems.

That’s the first Sansa OLED screen I’ve seen that appears crooked.  Indeed, the warranty should cover a mechanical defect such as this, especially if it bothers you.

The manufacturing tolerance on the Sansas is very tight, but it’s possible that the screen could end up slightly misaligned as your is.  You can contact Support at 1-866-SanDisk (in the US), or via the links under Support, after clicking on the red SanDisk icon in the upper left.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 02-28-2010 07:48 PM

Amazon is helpful in these circumstances, and likely will cover the shipping both ways for a replacement.  (Candidly, I’d do it–you’re going to have the Clip for a bit of time.) 

well - I do agree that there are bigger things in life to worry about, I also think that if you pay the $$$ it should work properly (i.e. be built properly) - and I know it will drive me nuts! So it’s going back to Amazon - and it looks like the price difference between the 2GB (what I’m returning) and the 4GB is only like $7 more for the 4GB, so I may as well spend the few extra dollars and double my on-board storage space!

jer989 wrote:
So it’s going back to Amazon - and it looks like the price difference between the 2GB (what I’m returning) and the 4GB is only like $7 more for the 4GB, so I may as well spend the few extra dollars and double my on-board storage space!

Good plan . . . on both counts. :wink:

And it’s all working out well in the end–good show!