New Blue Clip - Ring is Dim

We are on our second Clip. I got one for my daughter last Christmas, that one is still going strong. My concern is about another one I got this year (Dec 08) for my wife.  It’s a blue one - and the lighted ring is *WAY* dimmer than my daughter’s red one from last year. The ring portion on my daughter’s clip is so bright that it is quite vivid.

This newer one is dim - maybe half or one third the brightness of my daughter’s. Does anyone know if this is a defect? Or was this intentionally done to save battery life perhaps? I can’t adjust it like I can the display - so I’m wondering if I got a defective unit.   ???

@edb wrote:

We are on our second Clip. I got one for my daughter last Christmas, that one is still going strong. My concern is about another one I got this year (Dec 08) for my wife.  It’s a blue one - and the lighted ring is *WAY* dimmer than my daughter’s red one from last year. The ring portion on my daughter’s clip is so bright that it is quite vivid.

This newer one is dim - maybe half or one third the brightness of my daughter’s. Does anyone know if this is a defect? Or was this intentionally done to save battery life perhaps? I can’t adjust it like I can the display - so I’m wondering if I got a defective unit.   ???

I don’t know if this is a defective unit or not. However, a lot of people wish the ring did not light at all, although I personally like it. I would wait and see if everything else works properly, then you can decide whether or not it’s anything to worry about. It may well save on the battery life.:smiley:

Yes - well, the difference between the two rings is so dramatic that it is either 1) a defect or 2) intentional, in order to save battery life. The graphics are somewhat different too - so it has gone through some minor changes over the past year (both are 2GB units), so I didn’t know if this was one of the changes as well. 

Likely, a result of the manufacturing process.

Yeah thanks, I suspected that the LED or it’s mounting position/whatever is faulty. I plan to exchange the unit this week.

I got an 8gb Clip for Xmas and the ring is marginally brighter than my 2gb which I bought half a yr ago. My bro got a blue 2gb Clip for Xmas and the ring on that is the same as my 2gb… I just assumed the 8gb’s get the brighter ring (not seen a 4gb).