New 8GB Fuze is great, but anybody else have this bug?

This is a very neat little player - works nicely with Rhapsody To Go (with Channel support), and unlike the E280r I was able to transfer DRM protected WMAs alongside “subscription” tracks via Rhapsody, rather than having to transfer some content in Rhap and some via WMP.  Sound quality is excellent, although I find the volume scale lower than the 280R (and like others have mentioned, I can’t notice any difference between the Normal and High volume settings).  More than enough volume though for my EX71s.  Build quality and overall form factor both seem superior to the earlier Sansa (which was a nice player in its own right).  

But have found a bug.  Non-Rhapsody users may not be familiar with this, but when listening to Channels (great way to find new music) you can automatically add the playing track to your library by pressing and holding the Select button. Every time I’ve done this with the Fuze, it tells me it’s added the track to my library, continues to play the song for a few more seconds, then crashes.  After resetting the Fuze restarts in the same place it previously started (i.e. doesn’t move forward in the Channel past the songs already played.)  Loaded the new firmware today but still experienced the same glitch.

Overall very pleased with my silver Fuze, and hoping this is a minor fix. Anybody else getting the same problem? 

Which firmware do you have? (.11 is the most current)

Also as far as the High and Normal volume go, the difference is the cap (or maximum volume). If you want to see the difference, change it to High and crank the volume all the way up (might not want to put the headphones all the way in your ear as that’s 90db and mildly loud), then change (still at max volume) to normal and notice a drop to about 65~70db. 

Hi, there is indeed a bug with add to library press and hold feature, however with my fuze it just displays overlaps and doesn’t crash. 

I have a work around setting that I use.  If you set your “press and hold” setting to “add to music go list”, and press and hold on a channal track, it will add to your library (in addition to adding to your go list).   

Hopefully the work around doesn’t crash your fuze. 

Currently the SMC (Sansa Media Converter) is the only option for converting videos with this device.  Any Video Converter cannot be used with the Fuze.

Go Sansa!

@sansame wrote:

Currently the SMC (Sansa Media Converter) is the only option for converting videos with this device.  Any Video Converter cannot be used with the Fuze.

Go Sansa!

did you even read this post or am i missing something? :slight_smile:

I think he meant to post on the thread after this refering to SMC, but for some reason the reply came to this.

This bug has been added to our bug tracking database.  It will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks,

SansaFix 

I wasn’t clear in my first post, but I did upgrade to .11 firmware and still had the bug.  Looking forward to the fix…thanks

I think he was reading my Sig and thought that was my post aswell. just a sig, its on everything i post (i just got tired of typing it over and over again on the View thread).