new 240G SSD extreme doesn't work on SATA3 ports

Hi, 

I’m just bought a new SSD and I can only get it to recognize when using SATA2 ports. 

If I hook it up to the SATA3 ports on my mobo, the computer doesn’t recognize anything. 

This is the mobo I’m using:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128412

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks. 

May be a bad SATA cable which reveals problems when running in SATA3 mode?

^

so you’re saying that it should work? and that I don’t have to mess around the bios to get it working properly? 

well, the cable does work when using SATA2 ports. I however don’t have a clue if the cable is SATA1, 2, or 3. Is it possible that the harddrive won’t detect simply because I’m using a SATA1 cable?

I have my Extreme 240 running on a SATA3 port (Intel Z77 chipset).

Have you checked that the SATA3 ports work at all?

Which SATA3 port do you use - those of the Intel P55 chipset or those of the Marvell 9128 chip?

it’s a  MarvellR SE9128 controller

would that be the reason it’s not working? Also I’ve heard that Intel SATA2>Marvell SATA3… is that true? if that’s the case, I might as well just stick with the SATA2 ports

have you checked the BIOS to make sure the SATA 3 ports are enabled?

I am facing a similar problem with my new Sandik Plus SSD on the same motherboard (Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3P Rev 1.0 BIOS F4) on the GSATA_6 (Marvell) port. AHCI control mode is enabled. My exact sympton is a reboot loop during the beginning windows 10 installation (the windows logo is displayed, then that circle or circles stats spinning, then the machine reboots itself). Will try the Intel P55 SATA2_0 port then, hope it works. 

Did not worked, same symptom :frowning: