NetLibrary used to work and doesn't anymore

Hi everyone,

Up until I updated the firmware to the 2.0 version I have been able to play NetLibrary files on my Sansa Fuze 4gb. Since I’ve updated the firmware I haven’t been able to no matter how many times I format it the player or change the mode from MSC to MTP.

Is anyone else having this problem? Do you have a solution?

FYI when I updated the firmware I did the ver 1 and then the ver 2 like is listed in the update instructios on this board. I would be willing to rollback to the old firmware if someoen could walk me through it. I would need really good insturctions though cause this is my first fuze player.

Thanks,

Laney

Message Edited by ekusterer on 02-23-2009 07:57 AM

1. You must use MTP mode for Netlibrary files to work
  2. You must sync the content using WMP11.

I suggest to reformat your device using the Settings>System Settings>Format command.

Then connect to WMP11 and transfer your netlibrary content using Sync.

I tried that and it didn’t work. The file transfers and when I plug in the fuze to the computer it says that the right file size is in the player but when I go to play it says it’s 00:00 long.

If your file has been hanging around longer than 2 weeks, the license has expired.

Try playing it on your computer first using WMP.

If is doesnt, then download it again or at least refresh the licenses from Netlibrary.

Message Edited by sansafix on 02-23-2009 04:47 PM

Additionally, when you move a netlibrary *.wma to your player, you have to get the “checkout” license (through WMP).  When you do that, netlibrary associates that specific  *.wma to the computer you used to transfer it.  (I got this from a query to the netlib folks).

Meaning that you can’t move it to the Fuze on computer A, then copy the file to computer B and listen to it there; but you can still listen to it on the Fuze or computer A.

Once the “checkout” expires, you can then renew the checkout of that same file on computer B; which will then associate it to computer B, and you won’t be able to play it on computer A.