Need Xmas gift ideas for Fuze

I bought my twin daughters the 2GB Sansa Fuze for their birthday in September.  They have skins, wall chargers & travel chargers.  I plan to get them better ear buds and am still deciding what kind (a good thread going on that already).  What other accessories or cool gifts are out there?  What would YOU want for Xmas for your Fuze???  Or what do you already have that would make a great gift???  Thanks!!  :womanvery-happy:

Get them 8 GB SanDisk uSD cards.  Check the prices on Amazon.com.  :smileyvery-happy:

Are all the 8GB SanDisk cards the same? 

I see one from NextWeb Sales for $14.99

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroSD-Card-SDSDQ-8192MB/dp/B001BLV78Q/ref=pd_cp_e_2?pf_rd_p=413863501&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0012Y2LLE&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0V1BM5R1WY1WKY3K8JAZ

And I see one from Straight Trading for $16.95.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC-CLASS-SDSDQ-8192-Package/dp/B0012Y2LLE/ref=pd_cp_e_1?pf_rd_p=413863501&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001BLV78Q&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=08EZ6DQDMSET6JB6D3SA

They are both listed as “Bulk”. What does that mean?

I also see one from eTech for $20.10 and one from ChiTek for $17.35.  Are all of these cards the same?

Am I looking at the right cards for the Fuze?

Message Edited by TwinMa56 on 11-18-2008 05:19 PM

They are all fine. Bulk may mean no retail packaging, etc.

Message Edited by sansafix on 11-18-2008 04:51 PM

The links you have here TwinMA…These look just like the one I got from Amazon…bulk packaging just meant the card and an adaptor allowing it to fit in full size SD slots were in a small plastic case, which shipped in a small bubblewrapped package…came in like 3 days, and has worked well ever since. If the girls like their Fuzes already , they’ll love having that much room for more songs(or even some videos):smiley:

Maybe some speakers.  I found some $20 speakers from walmart, no batteries, in pink (yes it just happens to match my Fuze) and they work pretty good.  I do have to turn my Fuze up all the way, but it’s not too loud (something as a parent you might like) but not too low (something they woudl like).  This way they can listen to them with their friends.  They’re pretty light and pretty portable too.  Although they don’t fold up, there are some portable ones if you prefer.

How about a docking station?  There was one for $15

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/docksansa

It can plug into the wall adaptor and they can charge it at night or even watch a video with it.  I use this one to charge mine at home.

Good suggestions! Thank you!  Here’s what we have so far:

8GB SanDisk microSD card ($15-20 through Amazon)

Docking Station (Griffin $15)

Speakers ($20 at Walmart OR $85-100 for Altec Lansing inMotion iM413–I found these at Altec Lansing site as well as Amazon)

Earbuds or Headphones

Thanks for the ideas.  Keep 'em coming!

How about a gift card for an on-line music download site. Not I-tunes, but maybe Amazon or Walmart?

@tapeworm wrote:
How about a gift card for an on-line music download site. Not I-tunes, but maybe Amazon or Walmart?

Oh that’s a good idea.  I even saw the cards at walmart in the CD section.  So if you’re browsing speakers there and earphones, check that aisle.

MPEG-2 TS, is also a popular format specially for some camcorder which can’t be supported by common players. The MPEG-2 TS Converter is an excellent TS Converter to convert MPEG-2 TS format files. The TS Converter can convert .ts files to mpeg2, convert .ts to avi, wmv, wma, mpg, convert .ts to mp3, mp4 and other common formats respectivly for iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP and other digital players with perfect quality and fast conversion speed.Video_TS Converter is a TS File Converter which can convert the files in Video_TS folder and extract audio from .ts files. The TS Video File Converter supports converting .m2ts, .mts, .mkv, .flv, .mp4 and other supported files.

Have a nice Christmas! Hope you have better luck pedaling your SPAM somewhere else. You’re outta here! :angry:

@hqconverter wrote:
MPEG-2 TS, is also a popular format specially for some camcorder which can’t be supported by common players. The MPEG-2 TS Converter is an excellent TS Converter to convert MPEG-2 TS format files. The TS Converter can convert .ts files to mpeg2, convert .ts to avi, wmv, wma, mpg, convert .ts to mp3, mp4 and other common formats respectivly for iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP and other digital players with perfect quality and fast conversion speed.Video_TS Converter is a TS File Converter which can convert the files in Video_TS folder and extract audio from .ts files. The TS Video File Converter supports converting .m2ts, .mts, .mkv, .flv, .mp4 and other supported files.

9 identical posts, all on different boards, none relevant to the topic being discussed? :angry:

Have a nice Christmas! Hope you have better luck pedaling your SPAM somewhere else. You’re outta here!

Did you end up getting some items?  If so which ones? 

Others might need some ideas for themself.

It’s already been said before, but perhaps a microSD card (be careful which one you buy, though; I’ve heard good things about the ones from
Sandisk). Or perhaps an adapter so they can hook up their Fuzes to their stereos and blast their music and annoy their parents and neighbors
:robotwink: Hey, most kids and teens do it anyways (only joking, of course :robothappy: ).

I did buy some cheapy earbuds (JVC Gumy for $9.76) from Walmart.  I got green and pink, to match their silicone skins. 

I might still buy an 8GB microSD card.  Just looking for the best deal.

I’m intrigued by the Griffin docking station for $14.99. http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/docksansa

But I’m not clear what all it does.  Is it just a place to charge your Fuze?  Do you need to connect it to your own AC wall adaptor?  Would this be likely to sit in a kid’s room or next to the computer?  The computer is NOT in their room.  All they have in their room music-wise is an old fashioned boom box.  It plays the radio or 1 CD at a time.  They use it a lot, but it’s not exactly a “stereo system”.  lol.

I think the music card idea is a good one for most people.  Unfortunately, my kids have never purchased music in that way.  We have just ripped CD’s from our personal collection, as well as checked out CD’s from the library to rip.  I’m sure that’s pretty stone age, but we just haven’t gotten past that stage yet.  Hopefully my kids will start to socialize some day, and will learn from other kids.  Right now, they just have me, and I’m just an old bat just trying to figure things out!  lol.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!  I’ll keep updating on what else I get.

The dock charges your device and provides “line out”  stereo signals you can connect to a receivers aux input.

@twinma56 wrote:

. . . We have just ripped CD’s from our personal collection, as well as checked out CD’s from the library to rip.  I’m sure that’s pretty stone age, but we just haven’t gotten past that stage yet.

Not at all . . . that’s the most in-expensive way (free) and you can rip to whatever bit-rate you want and in any format you want. Not all libray systems are the same, and of course the selection varies by location. They’re usually all donated, you know.

But I have dramatically increased my music library by taking advantage of that simple little library card. Where I live, I even have 2 different systems; a city system and a county system, both with 6 - 8 branches each, all within about a 15 mile radius!