Need help with SC

I’m having trouble getting my Sansa Clip to work.

When I insert the cd that came with the SC into my computer and I install it, it asks for a serial number. For starters, I cannot find the serial number anywhere in the information that came with the clip, so if someone can help me find it I would highly appreciate it.

Anyway, when reading the User Manual I start on page 9 trying to load the content. All of the directions go well up until I get to page 12. When I right click my SC player and hit ‘SET UP SYNC’ a small window pops up and says:

Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

So I assume that’s what is stopping me. Anyone know how to fix this?

@jswalls88 wrote:

I’m having trouble getting my Sansa Clip to work.

 

When I insert the cd that came with the SC into my computer and I install it, it asks for a serial number. For starters, I cannot find the serial number anywhere in the information that came with the clip, so if someone can help me find it I would highly appreciate it.

 

Anyway, when reading the User Manual I start on page 9 trying to load the content. All of the directions go well up until I get to page 12. When I right click my SC player and hit ‘SET UP SYNC’ a small window pops up and says:

Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

 

So I assume that’s what is stopping me. Anyone know how to fix this?

The serial number is on the very bottom of your Clip. However, you don’t need that CD at all…mine is still in the box, months later.

There’s no serial number on the bottom of the clip.

@jswalls88 wrote:

There’s no serial number on the bottom of the clip.

There is on mine…weird. Look again…on mine it’s very tiny

I see a model number on the bottom of my Clip (BB0712AGLK for the 1GB, and BI0810BGHK-8GB for the 8GB), but no serial number.

@gwk1967 wrote:
I see a model number on the bottom of my Clip (BB0712AGLK for the 1GB, and BI0810BGHK-8GB for the 8GB), but no serial number.

My bad! :cry:

That’s ok. I am just going to return the thing anyway. I don’t what is going on with it. I have done everything I know to do. This is the only mp3 player I have ever had trouble with.

Stop!  You don’t need the disc.  The disc is only needed for a Rhapsody subscription.  Keep things easy and simple.

To transfer music to the Clip:  connect the Clip to your computer via the USB cable; double click on the Clip icon on your computer, under Computer; and then simply drag and drop files from your computer folders to the Clip’s folders (or copy and paste).

No special software is needed for non-DRM (digital rights management) music.  It’s good old fashioned drag-and-drop (although, you may use Windows media player if you prefer).

Easy!