need help with pics and vids

can some1 please help me figure out how to put pics on my fuze the right way!

@trelle101 wrote:

For me, the right way to do is as simple as

• setting the Fuze into MSC USB connection mode

• connecting the Fuze to my computer

• drag and drop my JPEG images onto the Fuze (PHOTOS folder)

• disconnect and enjoy the tiny little images :smiley:

Other people (and written in the Fuze’s User Manual) use the Sansa Media Converter software on their computers to let the program prepare (convert) different image types and copy it to the Fuze.

Hope that helps as a first step …

@ewelot wrote:

@trelle101 wrote:

For me, the right way to do is as simple as

• setting the Fuze into MSC USB connection mode
  • connecting the Fuze to my computer
  • drag and drop my JPEG images onto the Fuze (PHOTOS folder)
  • disconnect and enjoy the tiny little images :smiley:

Other people (and written in the Fuze’s User Manual) use the Sansa Media Converter software on their computers to let the program prepare (convert) different image types and copy it to the Fuze.

Hope that helps as a first step …

Actually what SMC does is take the file and if its not the right type convert it, but also resize the image to ones that will work best on the player. But if you can get the images in the right format and make sure they aren’t too big the drag and drop method will work for photos.

For video you have to use SMC or rhapsody to convert the files to the format and size the Fuze needs. This unfortunately is the only way to add videos.  Some people have had success with other things but those are rare.

@conversionbox wrote:

… But if you can get the images in the right format and make sure they aren’t too big the drag and drop method will work for photos. …

JPEG images can be as big as 1280x1024 pixels - which would be a waste of some storage space of cause. At least this is the size limit I found with current firmware. There is one pitfall I discovered during some tests: the JPEG images you copy directly onto the Fuze must no be of interlaced type. Anyway this is not an issue for most digital camera photos but sometimes used on web images.