Need help w/broken screen e130

I have looked at the pdf of the instructions, but need a step by step help to take my little mp3 off of shuffle to listen to audiobook.

Very easy: hit the menu/power button and go to settings, then playback, and highlight shuffle. Hit the center button to turn it from ‘on’ to ‘off’ and then just hit menu again to get out. But what does this have to do with a broken screen?

H4ll3igh wrote:
Very easy: hit the menu/power button and go to settings, then playback, and highlight shuffle. Hit the center button to turn it from ‘on’ to ‘off’ and then just hit menu again to get out. But what does this have to do with a broken screen?

I think he’s asking how to do this “blind,” with no screen.  So assuming it’s stuck in Shuffle, here’s the same answer but written for a blind user to get out of Shuffle.

After you turn on the player, you’re either at the Menu screen with “Play Music” selected, or at a particular song display screen.  If you know you’re at the Menu screen with “Play Music” selected, go to step 3.  Otherwise, the instructions below assume you don’t know where you are at startup, and just lists the pushes that will always work.

Without pausing too long between operations, so as not to allow it to go back to the playback screen, do the following:

0.Turn on the player. 

1. Push the center button twice (this ensures you’re at a playing song screen, just to get a common starting point).

2. Push the menu/power button on the right edge of the player (this gets to the Menu screen).

3. Push Repeat/AB twice (this gets to the Settings menu item).

4. Push the center button twice (this selects “Settings”, and then selects “Playback”).

5. Push the Repeat/AB button once (this moves down to the “Shuffle” setting).

6. Push the center button once (this toggles the Shuffle setting from its current setting of “ON” to “OFF”).

7. Push the “<<” (Rewind) button three times to get back to a playing song screen.  Alternatively, just wait 15 seconds and you’ll be put to a playing song screen.

Thanks jj2me, took me a couple times but worked.  Screens are flimsy in these units but otherwise it’s still working great.