Need driver for Sansa c200...using Windows 7

I found the driver download screen, but it asks what OS I’m using.  Windows 7 is not one of the options. 

I’ve updated the firmware, but that didn’t seem to resolve anything.

Can I get a driver for this mp3 using Win 7?

What exactly are you trying to download? And where? Can you post a link ot it? There is only one driver needed (if you use MTP mode) and that’s included in Windows Media Player 10 or above.

What exactly are you trying to download? And where? Can you post a link to it? There is only one driver needed (if you use MTP mode) and that’s included in Windows Media Player 10 or above.

If using MSC mode, no driver is needed at all.

This is where I tried to download a driver.  In the 2nd window, there is no selection for Win 7:

http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/driver-download-wizard

When I plug in the c200 Windows tries to download the driver.  Then it says it was unsuccessful. 

The device says “connected”, but it isn’t recognized in WMP or in My Computer. 

I followed you link to the SanDisk Support site. If I select c200 as the Product Name to search and click on the Find Driver button, it takes me to a page where the only download option is the Sansa Firmware Updater.

This is not a driver. And you don’t need it if you’ve already updated the firmware. Even if you haven’t, it’s simple enough to do manually following the directions contained in the firmware post. You will however, need to know whether you have a v1 or v2 model as there is different firmware versions for the different hardware configurations.

As I said before, there is no driver you need to download to make this player operational, other than the one included in WMP 10 or above and you don’t even need that if you use MSC mode.

I updated the firmware last week. 

Sorry if I’m being hard headed.  I’m just not very smart about these things. If I don’t need a driver, why is the device not recognized when I plug it into the computer?  When I plug it in, I hear the “double klunk” signal.  But it doesn’t show up in the tray at bottom of screen.  Nor does it show up in My Computer or WMP.  

I assumed it was a Windows 7 issue.  Maybe not.  What am I missing?  (Thanks for your patience!)

In case someone comes along later with the same problem, I am posting the solution I found.

First, though my device is labelled  “c200”, it said “c250” whenmy computer finally recognized it… 

I got it to show up in WMP by changing its mode from MPT to MSC…here’s the process:

For e200v1, e200R, and c200v1 :

1. On your Sansa player, press and hold the Power/Menu button for 15 seconds to turn the device completely off.
  2. Slide the Hold switch so the orange portion shows.
  3. On your PC, double-click My Computer
  4. On your Sansa player, press and hold the REC button while connecting it to the PC.
  5. Release the REC button when a 16MB-FORMAT drive partition appears under My Computer.

More info here: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61

When I plugged it in again, my computer recognized it, downloaded the driver for a c250, and then it showed up in WMP and I was able to sync music to it.  All is well.  Thanks for your help.

Hello I just want to know if can I get a driver for this mp3 using Win 7?Thanks.

@bobbyray143 wrote:

Hello I just want to know if can I get a driver for this mp3 using Win 7?Thanks.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-other-MP3-players/Need-driver-for-Sansa-c200-using-Windows-7/m-p/233680#M16226

Pay particular attention to the last paragraph.