Need Compatible speaker system

Does anyone know of a compatible speaker system as the external one is not very loud.

Thanks

i just use a set of logitech computer speakers. they sound better than any speaker dock in my opinion.

Thanks for the help!

Does anyone know if iPod devices are compatible?  The plug on the bottom of the Connect looks EXACTLY like iPod connectors.  I’m not brave enough to plug my beloved Connect in though for fear of frying it.

you can use the inMotion made for sansa.
one problem is the connect still drains its battery even when its plugged in.
the cradle doesn’t give enough power to charge it.

no dude, ipods have different pinouts…you have to look for accessories that say “made for sansa” or you can always just connect speakers thru the headphone jack.  the Connect’s internal speaker is loud enough for me 

@ice_machine wrote:

no dude, ipods have different pinouts 

Is that definitive?  Why make a connector that is identical to another product and risk someone plugging in something that will fry it? I’m not trying to argue, I just wondered if maybe it was a SanDisk “dirty little secret” that it was compatible with iPod accessories.  I’d love to see an analysis of Sansa vs. iPod pinouts.

They are the same shape and fit in each others ports, but the pinouts are definetly different. I know they dont work because I have buddies with iPods that let me try it.

I wouldnt try it again, could break the player. All cause I wanted to see what would happen :slight_smile:

@enigma wrote:
They are the same shape and fit in each others ports, but the pinouts are definetly different. I know they dont work because I have buddies with iPods that let me try it.

I wouldnt try it again, could break the player. All cause I wanted to see what would happen :slight_smile:

Ok, I answered my own question by a little bit of googling from a different message board:

I’ll check out pin 2 next time. I also, checked pinout for the ipod, to see how it’s wired. I found it on some russian web-site here (in English) http://pinouts.ru/Devices/ipod\_pinout.shtml, unfortunately it is down now (was fine yesterday), so all my speculations are based on what I have memorized from this page.

(1) pinouts of ipod and sansa ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT. do not use ipod’s cables for sansa and vise versa.
(2) analog audio signals are present on ipod’s connector as I expected, not clear if this output requires activation
(3) player control is done through a serial interface, many people belive this is a proprietory apple thing, but I think it is a regular I2C bus, common for home electronics. For IR remote, a IR receiever could be connected directly to the player, since PP50XX chips used in sansa and ipod have native support of of I2C and IR remote.
(4) One pin on ipods connector is used for recognition of external device. Ipod’s behavior depends on the resistance between this pin and the ground.

So, it would be helpful, if some could get a photo of Sandisk dock guts. Also, I think that I saw a connector very similar to the Sansa’s one in one of our instruments repair kit. If it really fits Sansa, I’ll call the vendor and ask where they get them.

bummer.

@cmhdave wrote:

@ice_machine wrote:

no dude, ipods have different pinouts 

Is that definitive?  Why make a connector that is identical to another product and risk someone plugging in something that will fry it? I’m not trying to argue, I just wondered if maybe it was a SanDisk “dirty little secret” that it was compatible with iPod accessories.  I’d love to see an analysis of Sansa vs. iPod pinouts.

most mp3 manufactures will make the connection proprietary so they can license out the spec for 3rd parties to make accessories.

I tried the Sansa Connect with the Altec Lansing inMotion. It didn’t work, but worked with other Sansa players.

I checked out the link to the SanDisk page for the inMotion. There are icons near the Made for Sansa logo at the bottom of the page that indicate it works with c100, c200, m200 and e200 players, but not Connect.

crazy train

?

Maybe I’m missing something given the other posts, but you should be able to connect the Sansa to any powered speaker system thorugh the 1/8th inch earphone jack, eg. the same type of speakers you plug into your computer and in fact using the same cable. As long as it is the INPUT for the speaker system and not some output jack coming from the amplifier I can’t imagine it damaging the Sansa.

I use a set of Logitec speakers designed for a computer system that are THX certified  that  only cost $50 and have fantastic sound. You also go to Radio Shack and get a cable that has an 1/8th inch plug to connect to the Sansa and two phono plugs (for the right and left speakers) that will allow you to connect it to a receiver or other home sound system.  If you are really short on cash, you can get a cheap set of computer speakers for $25 or $30 that will give you plenty of volume and but mediocre qualty sound.

dsolomon wrote:

Maybe I’m missing something given the other posts, but you should be able to connect the Sansa to any powered speaker system thorugh the 1/8th inch earphone jack, eg. the same type of speakers you plug into your computer and in fact using the same cable. As long as it is the INPUT for the speaker system and not some output jack coming from the amplifier I can’t imagine it damaging the Sansa.

I use a set of Logitec speakers designed for a computer system that are THX certified  that  only cost $50 and have fantastic sound. You also go to Radio Shack and get a cable that has an 1/8th inch plug to connect to the Sansa and two phono plugs (for the right and left speakers) that will allow you to connect it to a receiver or other home sound system.  If you are really short on cash, you can get a cheap set of computer speakers for $25 or $30 that will give you plenty of volume and but mediocre qualty sound.

i agree i use a set of logitech z5500’s

cambride soundworks make a set for $50 that are great for the money. pc works, is 2 speakers with sub/amp and

2 sattelite speakers