My screen is spent. Any advice?

I saw a few other posts like this, in which the posters said that their screens were completely white. Well, my screen is frozen and white, but it also has a large black circle with an orange halo around it, almost like a burn mark.

Is my solution to save my music then format and update my fuze? I don’t remember keeping the box if I need to send it in.

Thanks for any help.

Play safe and save all of your files immediately. Yes, It is a good idea to format or to try to reset it while you wait for better responses.

You should always have back-ups of your music just for situations like this. Formatting will erase all user-added content and I can’t say whether or not it will fix your problem, but I’d try it. You can also try re-installing the latest firmware (manually) & see if that helps.

I hope it does, but the black circle with the orange halo thing doesn’t sound good. You may need to get it replaced under warranty. The original packaging (or the lack thereof) shouldn’t be an issue.

Save your music now! You have a cracked LCD that has leaked. If it shorts out, the player will not power on. See all those players on Ebay that won’t power on? Probably 80% of them have cracked LCD panels.

If it gets to the no power point, you have to open the player and disconnect the LCD cable to get it to power up and communicate.

Can anyone tell me how to format without using the mp3, as I can’t see the screen?

I also just tried reformatting it through the My Computer option, and it says I don’t have sufficient privileges to do that, or something.

Thanks!

Download the HP USB Utility (Google for it). Connect player to computer forcing MSC mode (see stickies above on how to do). Run the HP utility and see if it recognizes the player as a USB drive. If it gives options for format, use FAT32 and 32k block size.

This is exactly what mine is doing. What ever happened here is it a cracked LCD and is it now a paperweight?

Should I start saving my pennies?

Kevin

@jungler wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to format without using the mp3, as I can’t see the screen?

I also just tried reformatting it through the My Computer option, and it says I don’t have sufficient privileges to do that, or something.

Thanks!

I had this problem (the reformatting problem) when my Fuze quit on me.  If it’s not in MSC mode, you need to turn the Fuze off, put it on hold, then hold the left button while plugging it in to force it into MSC mode.  Then it would be possible to format it.