My Sansa Clip 2GB has stopped working after charging on a mac computer via USB port

My Sansa Clip 2GB MP3 has stopped working after charging on a mac computer via USB port. My Battery’s life expectancy for my sansa clip is 15 hours but only lasts 2-4 hours after being recharged on a mac computer. All of my songs and files on my sansa clip are not accessable and still use the memory, this happened because i charged it on a Mac computer. Did my battery life shorten because i charged my sansa clip on a mac computer? Did my files corrupt or format because  I charged my sansa clip on a mac computer? I cannot reload my files for i do not have them, is it possible to restore/repair my files? I beleive the memory and battery have been malfunctioning due to incombatabillity with the mac computer i recharged it on, or device failure, or improper production, If you can help me with this matter please reply or contact me by email: dr_mohawk65@yahoo.com.                               Thank You.

Did you every get any information on your question? My Sansa clip doesn’t seem to be charging off my mac either. 

Switch USB modes.

Macs have a few limitations,  first and foremost being Mac OS.  You must be diligent to safely remove the mounted USB device (the Clip) before disconnecting.  I haven’t worked much with the Apple since I had one of the Power PC variants in the fire department years ago, when we switched to IBM PCs in 1999-2000.

The finder leaves all kinds of gibberish unless this is dumped in the trash, a quirky step I didn’t miss one bit since switching to Windows, or more correctly, switching back to Windows machines.

The other issue (perhaps drlucky or others can correct me here if I’m incorrect) is USB2.0 or high power USB capability.  I remember, years ago, dealing with the USB port on the keyboard of the iMac- there simply isn’t enough current available for a device with a battery to charge.  USB2 capabilities include two principal improvements over USB1.1:  500mA of available current, and higher data transfer speed.

A simple solution for better charging performance is to use a simple USB wall charger to top up the battery, or a powered USB hub for its tasty power supply.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine also wonk work after charging on car charger or PC .Any ideas the battery indicator shows fully charged though

@jds1632 wrote:

Mine also wonk work after charging on car charger or PC .Any ideas the battery indicator shows fully charged though

Try resetting it.

I got this info from the online Sandisk Manual.

Information regarding charging on a MAC:

If your device is not recognized by your computer, make sure you have Windows
Media™ Player version 10 or higher installed. You can also change the USB Mode to
MSC if you do not have Windows Media Player. For Mac, ensure that USB Mode is set
to Auto Detect or MSC mode. 

How to Switch USB Modes

Go to the Main Menu and select the Settings menu. From the Settings menu, select System Settings.

USB Mode determines how your player communicates with your computer. Auto
Detect is selected by default. You can also choose to always connect in MTP (Media
Transfer Protocol) or MSC (Mass Storage Class) modes. Windows can use MTP or MSC
mode, but Mac OS will only work with MSC mode. If you set the USB Mode to Auto
Detect, make sure you are running Windows Media Player version 10 or higher.
1. Select USB Mode.
2. Select Auto Detect, MTP, or MSC.

NOTE: Some low-power USB ports may not be able to provide enough charge
power. Also note that the rechargeable battery included inside the player is not
replaceable