my sansa 2Gb clip does not appear in my computer when i plug it.

I suggested him to check his firmware and update, but that maybe hard to do till he gets it connected.       One last thing.   Try a Different computer :slight_smile:

my daughter got one as a gift and we are having the same problem, tried several usb cords and three different computers and still nothing will connect the sansa clip to the computer.  It won’t read  :o(

Did you set the USB mode to MSC?

And all of the available USB ports (directly)?

That option isn’t available in this version of firmware

@digitaldelight wrote:

Then feel free to upgrade it.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/Sansa-Clip-Firmware-01-01-35-amp-02-01-35-Release/m-p/144965/message-uid/144965/highlight/true#U144965

@digitaldelight wrote:

What option isn’t available?

@miikerman wrote:

@digitaldelight wrote:

What option isn’t available?

I think he/she is referring to MSC mode. I know some other models, like the e200v2 did not have the USB Mode setting in the original firmware, but not ever having the original Clip I don’t know if this was an issue with this model or not.

Ah, got it. And indeed, early on (well over 3 years ago), the Clip firmware did not have a USB mode setting (although you could force MSC mode)–it got added with the firmware somewhere over 3 years ago.

USB mode to MSC option

Did you update the firmware by following the link (and manual installation instructions contained within the linked-to post) as I suggested earlier?

This should give you the option of switching the USB mode to MSC.

Tapeworm, 

Maybe under other circumstances this might have worked but my computer won’t read the player AT ALL

It charges it but won’t read it, so I can’t connect it and go through the steps to update it, in order to get it to kick over from USB mode to MSC.  So I guess until I find someone with an older computer or something my daughter will be stuck with an Sandisk MP3 player that will do nothing but take up drawer space.

@digitaldelight wrote:

Tapeworm, 

Maybe under other circumstances this might have worked but my computer won’t read the player AT ALL

It charges it but won’t read it, so I can’t connect it and go through the steps to update it, in order to get it to kick over from USB mode to MSC.  So I guess until I find someone with an older computer or something my daughter will be stuck with an Sandisk MP3 player that will do nothing but take up drawer space.

Perhaps this post may help.  It tells you how to get into MSC mode without updating it.

If it charges, but won’t be recognized, you may need to push the cable plug further into the port.  Sometimes new players have tight ports and it may seem to be inserted fully, but really isn’t.

Thank you I’ll give it a try and let you know what happened

@mags1230 wrote:

@digitaldelight wrote:

Tapeworm, 

Perhaps this post may help.  It tells you how to get into MSC mode without updating it.

If it charges, but won’t be recognized, you may need to push the cable plug further into the port.  Sometimes new players have tight ports and it may seem to be inserted fully, but really isn’t.

Thanks for the tips but again to no avail  :(

Just to update everyone tried a different USB port…didn’t work

Tried a different USB cable…didn’t work

Tried turning it off, holding down the circle button and then plugging it back in…didn’t work

Tried pushing the USB cable in as far as it goes (praying I didn’t break something with the force I was pushing it it)…didn’t work

Will plug into computer, will charge, but isn’t recognized by computer, so still stuck

It won’t switch to USB mode because it’s at the very very first firmware setting oV01.01.11A and can’t update till it’s plug into the computer (which as I mentioned before the computer won’t recognize it)

Tried updating window media player to #11 and still doesn’t read it 

So any other suggestions? 

The only thing I can think of that is left to do is to contact Sandisk Tech Support

1-866-726-3475 in the US. 

It’s quicker to call them instead of emailing them.  Even though your daughter got the clip as a gift, it’s still under warranty.   Sandisk is known for good customer service and I’m sure the rep can help you get a warranty replacement.

Thank you, I will definately give them a call after work tomorrow  :)

The problem with mine is theres a virus. I just scan it then remove afterwards its runningn smoothly.

no.the instructions dont match n e thing i c on my sansa disc