My PC's cant connect to Clip either

Hello,

I connected to my sisters Dell laptop and downloaded files once at christmas.

Kool gift, I relly like this sansa clip…but…

Now I cant connect to my PC at work with XP Pro?

I get the connected and charging indication from the clip but

popup error off start bar “something went wrong …may not work properly…blah blah blah” and …

“This device cannot start (code 10)”

error on USB port from windows?

I’ll try my laptop again at home tonight didnt work before but I was having the wrong language issue at the time.

any suggestions would help.

Other posts I read didnt do anything for me

ie hold mode and hold button down while connecting?

I wanna rock!

Cheers

Richard

error code 10 means the device could not start. probably due to a driver issue. make sure you have at least WMP 10 and service pack 2 installed. i would recoment WMP11 as it has much better mtp support.

you could always switch to msc mode which will probably resolve the issue as well.

to change usb modes in the clips menu go to settings>usb mode> and select msc

The above as to switching to MSC mode assumes that you have firmware version 18 or higher.  If you don’t, you should put it on (version 20 just came out yesterday–recommended) and then follow the above and switch to MSC mode and see if that helps/works for you.

Miikerman wrote:

The above as to switching to MSC mode assumes that you have firmware version 18 or higher.  If you don’t, you should put it on (version 20 just came out yesterday–recommended) and then follow the above and switch to MSC mode and see if that helps/works for you.

thanks Miikerman i didnt think of that. here is the lates clip firmware if you do not have it installed.