My new clip abruptly stopped working

This is the THIRD clip I’ve had since last May.  I get approximately 15-20 hours of use out of them, and then they abruptly stop working.  Assuming they need to be re-charged, I connect them to my computer, but there is nothing on the display, it’s just dead.  Also, my computer is not indicating that the Sansa is in the USB drive.  Any thoughts on this before I pack it up and send it back to Amazon?

It sounds like the battery ran out and  the charging connection is not being made.

Have you charged anything else from that USB port, so you know that it’s putting out current?

Do you have a wall USB charger you can try? The mini-USB plug is standard, so if you have a phone or camera charger with a mini-USB  plug (or a USB charger  you can use with the Sansa cord), try that.

it’s pretty unlikely you’d get 3 bad units (or even three bad charging cords) in a row–not impossible, admittedly–but maybe that particular USB port just doesn’t like Sansas.  Is there another computer in the house? 

1.  Try trickle-charging it for 2-3 days, leaving it connected to power the entire time.  Sometimes, the Clip’s battery can discharge below where it will be able to start up again.  Trickle-charging it for a few days can remedy this. 

2.  You’re within the warranty period.  Contact SanDisk for assistance and/or a warranty replacement.

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

@linda090246 wrote:

This is the THIRD clip I’ve had since last May.  I get approximately 15-20 hours of use out of them, and then they abruptly stop working. 

I don’t know why, but most Clips suffer this when fairly new. A simple reset usually clears the problem and it rarely occurs again.