my computer will not load all software

I recently purchased 3 Sansa clips.  I have upgraded Windows XP to SP2 and downloaded Windows media player 11, and downloaded the latest firmware.  When I connect the Sansa clip I get a message that not all software was loaded and my new device may not work properly.  When I go to my computer the sansa clip does not show up however my computer does recognize a sansa clip in a pop up on the USB at times.  I am not sure what to do at this point.  Any help would be appreciated.  My kids are on the edge of their seats waiting for them to work.

i would : control panel > add hardware> install sequence…
if that doesnt work : device manager > find device > uninstall > unplug > then control panel > add hardware> install sequence.  i would do it from msc… from device manager, see how it is listed --mtp or msc…

I will try this when I get home from work.  I am also going to try to use my work laptop as a last alternative tonight.

Thanks

okay…here is some of the things you could try.

1. Restart your computer and Format the device using the Format option in the Settings.  So if you power on you device, the first menu probably be Music, press down until you see Settings, select Settings and press down again until you see Format, select Format and select Yes to format.  Once you’ve formatted the device, plug it in your computer again to see if it works.

2. Connect the device to computer as an MSC device.  Since you said that you already have the latest firmware (1.01.18), please check this.  If this is correct, then you can go to Settings then go down to find USB mode and then select MSC.  Then plug in your computer to see if it will recognize your device as MSC device.  If it does, you can just use MSC to drag and drop music into the device and it should play the music as well.  However, MTP is more preferred because you can only get subscription music through MTP.  However, if you only ripped music from CD or got purchased music, then MSC is fine.

If everything still does not work, please provide screen capture for better help.