My 4 GB Fuze is brand new and keeps randomly freezing. WTF?

@tix00 wrote:
I  won a new fuze and started using it and it worked fine…until it started cutting in and out. I reset it to the original settings and and it worked for a while and then did it again. Would it be because some songs are different file or might be bad, a bad mp3 player or just net the new firmware??? what do you gusy think? thanks…!!!..

First, Definitally upgrade the Firmware, then make sure the headphones are in all the ay, you have to push hard. What file type are you using? And when you say Freezing does the screen freeze too?

I use mp3 and the screen doesn’t freeze, the audio just cuts in and out.

Headphones need to be all the way in. Like I said you really have to push at first.

@tix00 wrote:
I  won a new fuze and started using it and it worked fine…until it started cutting in and out. I reset it to the original settings and and it worked for a while and then did it again. Would it be because some songs are different file or might be bad, a bad mp3 player or just net the new firmware??? what do you gusy think? thanks…!!!..

I realize you are new here, and I am going to cut you a bit of slack; but the “double-U”, “Tee” , “eff” in the subject header is totally unacceptable.  Please refrain from this type of terminology in the future, as there are children as well as adults that frequent this forum.

Mods:  Please make the ending initials in the subject line forbidden posts in the future…

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 03-26-2009 06:16 PM

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:


@tix00 wrote:
I  won a new fuze and started using it and it worked fine…until it started cutting in and out. I reset it to the original settings and and it worked for a while and then did it again. Would it be because some songs are different file or might be bad, a bad mp3 player or just net the new firmware??? what do you gusy think? thanks…!!!..


I realize you are new here, and I am going to cut you a bit of slack; but the “double-U”, “Tee” , “eff” in the subject header is totally unacceptable.  Please refrain from this type of terminology in the future, as there are children as well as adults that frequent this forum.

 

 

Mods:  Please make the ending initials in the subject line forbidden posts in the future…

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 03-26-2009 06:16 PM

Um I really don’t agree with you that this is “totally unacceptable”.  He’s just saying “What the freak” (or insert some other none offensive word starting with an f).  No need to take this in a bad way especially since I doubt the original poster had any intentions of offending anyone.

I realize that this is probably just a pet peeve of yours, but your complaint should probably just be communicated to a moderator via a private message instead of a post.

If “WTF” (or am I supposed to say double-you tea eff?  Is that a better way to put it?) is honestly “totally unacceptable” as per forum rules, then I do agree with you that it should be automatically filtered.
Can I also suggest something:  The spell check of these forums doesn’t recognize “Fuze” as a word…   I think it should be added to the dictionary. 

 Anyway, back on topic.  As Conversionbox already said before, update your player to the latest firmware (something we shouldn’t even have to mention) and make sure your headphones are plugged in all the way.  If you still get issues, format your player (make sure your songs are backed up as this will delete everything from your Fuze) and re-install the firmware.  Try that. 

Message Edited by Corilof on 03-26-2009 06:52 PM

I know whenever I see that 3 letter combination, I automatically assume that it’s short for

@corilof wrote:


@fuze_owner_gb wrote:


@tix00 wrote:
I  won a new fuze and started using it and it worked fine…until it started cutting in and out. I reset it to the original settings and and it worked for a while and then did it again. Would it be because some songs are different file or might be bad, a bad mp3 player or just net the new firmware??? what do you gusy think? thanks…!!!..


I realize you are new here, and I am going to cut you a bit of slack; but the “double-U”, “Tee” , “eff” in the subject header is totally unacceptable.  Please refrain from this type of terminology in the future, as there are children as well as adults that frequent this forum.

 

 

Mods:  Please make the ending initials in the subject line forbidden posts in the future…

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 03-26-2009 06:16 PM


Um I really don’t agree with you that this is “totally unacceptable”.  He’s just saying “What the freak” (or insert some other none offensive word starting with an f).  No need to take this in a bad way especially since I doubt the original poster had any intentions of offending anyone.

I realize that this is probably just a pet peeve of yours, but your complaint should probably just be communicated to a moderator via a private message instead of a post.

If “WTF” (or am I supposed to say double-you tea eff?  Is that a better way to put it?) is honestly “totally unacceptable” as per forum rules, then I do agree with you that it should be automatically filtered.
Can I also suggest something:  The spell check of these forums doesn’t recognize “Fuze” as a word…   I think it should be added to the dictionary. 

 Anyway, back on topic.  As Conversionbox already said before, update your player to the latest firmware (something we shouldn’t even have to mention) and make sure your headphones are plugged in all the way.  If you still get issues, format your player (make sure your songs are backed up as this will delete everything from your Fuze) and re-install the firmware.  Try that. 

 

Message Edited by Corilof on 03-26-2009 06:52 PM

That is you.  If offensive letter combinations and thinly veiled attempts at profanity can’t be automatically removed or taken care of by the moderators, we the user should be given the option of hiding posts or users that are offensive to us. 

I’m not saying a single person should agree with me, but I should be able to given the choice not to see any post or user that is offensive to me.

I like the way youtube does it.  If you rate a comment with a “thumbs down”, the comment is automatically hidden and you don’t have to view the comment again.  Something similar could be put in place here.

@corilof wrote:


@fuze_owner_gb wrote:


@tix00 wrote:
I  won a new fuze and started using it and it worked fine…until it started cutting in and out. I reset it to the original settings and and it worked for a while and then did it again. Would it be because some songs are different file or might be bad, a bad mp3 player or just net the new firmware??? what do you gusy think? thanks…!!!..


I realize you are new here, and I am going to cut you a bit of slack; but the “double-U”, “Tee” , “eff” in the subject header is totally unacceptable.  Please refrain from this type of terminology in the future, as there are children as well as adults that frequent this forum.

 

 

Mods:  Please make the ending initials in the subject line forbidden posts in the future…

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 03-26-2009 06:16 PM


Um I really don’t agree with you that this is “totally unacceptable”.  He’s just saying “What the freak” (or insert some other none offensive word starting with an f).  No need to take this in a bad way especially since I doubt the original poster had any intentions of offending anyone.

I realize that this is probably just a pet peeve of yours, but your complaint should probably just be communicated to a moderator via a private message instead of a post.

If “WTF” (or am I supposed to say double-you tea eff?  Is that a better way to put it?) is honestly “totally unacceptable” as per forum rules, then I do agree with you that it should be automatically filtered.
Can I also suggest something:  The spell check of these forums doesn’t recognize “Fuze” as a word…   I think it should be added to the dictionary. 

 Anyway, back on topic.  As Conversionbox already said before, update your player to the latest firmware (something we shouldn’t even have to mention) and make sure your headphones are plugged in all the way.  If you still get issues, format your player (make sure your songs are backed up as this will delete everything from your Fuze) and re-install the firmware.  Try that. 

 

Message Edited by Corilof on 03-26-2009 06:52 PM

Those letters only means one thing in common usage.  While the original poster didn’t mean to offend anyone, simply posting that’s it’s inappropriate here in this forum is just making the original poster aware of it.

I apologize. I am used to being on a DJ forum where profanity is a common language. I didn’t mean anything by it and appreciate all of your help/support.

tix00, run ChkDsk.

You probably have a bad file that it will fix. 


Meanwhile, I’m deeply offended by the idea that fuze Owner-GB thinks his or her prudery should rule the world.  

If double-you tee eff is that offensive to you, FOGB, I suggest you completely disconnect from the internet. Or stock up on blood-pressure meds because, boy, are you going to need them. 

The three-letter abbreviation is widely used online to show confusion and frustration. It does not spell out the Anglo-Saxon term that appears to offend you, and is in no other way obscene or somehow corrupting. That’s what double-entendres and abbreviations are for–something to convey meaning without crossing the line.

Also, the World Trade Foundation and Williamsburg Theater Festival and World Tennis Federation seem to get along just fine. 

I am truly appalled that you would set yourself up as the language police on this forum, which is not geared toward children and would bore most of them immediately. The whole world does not have to brought down to a level of discourse appropriate to a sheltered child, and that’s what people like you are eager to do. 

We’re adults here. We can blow off a little steam.  Your hypersensitivity is your problem and yours alone.

You don’t like Waldo T. Farnsworth, fine. Click that X in the upper right corner or go whine quietly about how the world is going to heck in a handbasket. But don’t go around shushing the rest of us. 

Oh, FOGB? Your Doors quote signature? Given your position on public use of language, and the way Jim Morrison was treated during his brief life by the obscenity police, you’re quite the hypocrite, aren’t you? 

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 03-28-2009 12:32 PM

So if your computer crashed you would scream “World Tennis Federation!” ?

@black_rectangle wrote:

tix00, run ChkDsk.

You probably have a bad file that it will fix. 

 


Meanwhile, I’m deeply offended by the idea that fuze Owner-GB thinks his or her prudery should rule the world.  

 

If double-you tee eff is that offensive to you, FOGB, I suggest you completely disconnect from the internet. Or stock up on blood-pressure meds because, boy, are you going to need them. 

 

The three-letter abbreviation is widely used online to show confusion and frustration. It does not spell out the Anglo-Saxon term that appears to offend you, and is in no other way obscene or somehow corrupting. That’s what double-entendres and abbreviations are for–something to convey meaning without crossing the line.

 

Also, the World Trade Foundation and Williamsburg Theater Festival and World Tennis Federation seem to get along just fine. 

 

I am truly appalled that you would set yourself up as the language police on this forum, which is not geared toward children and would bore most of them immediately. The whole world does not have to brought down to a level of discourse appropriate to a sheltered child, and that’s what people like you are eager to do. 

 

We’re adults here. We can blow off a little steam.  Your hypersensitivity is your problem and yours alone.

 

You don’t like Waldo T. Farnsworth, fine. Click that X in the upper right corner or go whine quietly about how the world is going to heck in a handbasket. But don’t go around shushing the rest of us. 

 

 

 

Black Rectangle, the issue with that abbreveation is because we have seen the extended version (Mis-spelled) and we have seen this way too many times. There are people on here as young as 12 (that admit their age) and this is supposed to be a Family Friendly forum. Its HIS request. YOU dont have to follow it. If you want to type that abbreveation thats on you, all that was asked was that this not be used like its any other word. I appreciate your rant I personly like to thing that those letters stand for Womens Track and Field (thats what we tell my cousins when they see that online), but you and I both know what it really means. And I think you would agree that not everyone on here is an Adult (As I said there are a few on here that I know are under 16). So if you would be a little more sensitive that people can and will be offended, and that what GB was doing was his part to try and keep this forum friendly for every one.

No, C-Box, FOGB was more coercive than you suggest.

And I quote: Mods:  Please make the ending initials in the subject line forbidden posts in the future…

That’s what annoyed me.  He or she can forbid anything they want in their own environment. But censoring posts because someone invokes Wacky Time Fun is objectionable. You don’t think the 12-year-olds Want Their Freedom? 

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 03-28-2009 01:12 PM

@black_rectangle wrote:

No, C-Box, FOGB was a more coercive than you suggest.

 

And I quote: Mods:  Please make the ending initials in the subject line forbidden posts in the future…

 

That’s what annoyed me.  He or she can forbid anything they want in their own environment. But censoring posts because someone invokes Wacky Time Fun is objectionable. You don’t think the 12-year-olds Want Their Freedom? 

Did you miss the post where the OP (original poster) said…

“I apologize. I am used to being on a DJ forum where profanity is a common language. I didn’t mean anything by it and appreciate all of your help/support.”

So if the OP is cool with it, then why are you all UIA over it? Your alternative acronyms are just ludicrous…"My Fuze keeps randomly freezing…WACKY TIME FUN! " 

@black_rectangle wrote:

No, C-Box, FOGB was a more coercive than you suggest.

 

And I quote: Mods:  Please make the ending initials in the subject line forbidden posts in the future…

 

That’s what annoyed me.  He or she can forbid anything they want in their own environment. But censoring posts because someone invokes Wacky Time Fun is objectionable. You don’t think the 12-year-olds Want Their Freedom? 

Im sure they do. BUT again you and I both know what those letters stand for. There are much less offensive words that the censors on this forum catch and bleep. And for the record if no one reports it to the admin or the mod nothing will happen. All that is wanted is a bit of conciseness about the content you post so that all people can come here and have an enjoyable experience without being offended.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 03-28-2009 04:01 PM

Just because the OP is polite, or intimidated, doesn’t mean that FOGB’s idea of what is proper should become policy.

Why The Fuss? Because we never know what might offend FOGB next.  Does OMG take the name of our lord in vain?

I mean, Fuze is just two letters away from…

It doesnt matter this thread is so off topic at this point it will probably be locked or deleted. Its over then.

@black_rectangle wrote:

Just because the OP is polite, or intimidated, doesn’t mean that FOGB’s idea of what is proper should become policy.

 

Why The Fuss? Because we never know what might offend FOGB next.  Does OMG take the name of our lord in vain?

 

I mean, Fuze is just two letters away from…

Wow…

I never implied that my views regarding decency should become policy.  If you read earlier in the thread, I just want the option to hide or remove posters that I believe that are offensive to my views.  I don’t want to dictate what others choose to see or read, that is their choice.

In the end, CB was exactly correct.  There are children that frequent this forum, and it should be as friendly an environment to them (or their parents) as it is to the adults.

I meant nothing more or less by my original response…

You asked the mods to institute a policy. Nice to see you have changed your mind. Watch The Fireworks.

Aside from the points that Conversionbox and fuze-owner_gb bring out, there is simply no reason for using those words, since you do not gain anything from it and it just makes you sound like some stupid teenager.

(No offense) :smiley: