Music not recognized on computer and in car

A few days ago, I noticed that my car was registering only two of the six hundred and thirty-five songs on my Clip Zip. I’ve had this mp3 player for about eight years now and other than the volume button not working properly anymore nothing has been wrong as far as normal use. I connect my player to my computer and it acknowledges that there is something on it, but when I go into the Music folder, it only shows me the folder that contains the two songs my car only picked up. Every file for the other six hundred and thirty-three songs are not there. I added two more songs to see if that would help it refresh, but the computer now only sees those four. But here’s the strange part. When I use my player with just my earbuds, all of the music is there. In USB Mode, it’s on auto-detect. 

Please help. I’m hoping for a solution that doesn’t involve having to reset because there are some songs on it that I can’t find anymore or don’t have access to the original recording. 

@honeykissfire wrote:

I connect my player to my computer and it acknowledges that there is something on it, but when I go into the Music folder, it only shows me the folder that contains the two songs my car only picked up. Every file for the other six hundred and thirty-three songs are not there. I added two more songs to see if that would help it refresh, but the computer now only sees those four. But here’s the strange part. When I use my player with just my earbuds, all of the music is there. In USB Mode, it’s on auto-detect. 

This is your issue. Copy all your files to your computer, format your player (which will erase all songs on it), set the USB mode to MSC & then copy all the files from the computer back to the player.