Music files won't sync correctly

I got a new Zip Clip and, as anyone would do, immediately hooked it up to my computer to sync music. All my music files are in an MP3 format. I put all the music I wanted onto the MP3 Player (organized by Artists, then by albums). Once I disconnect the device, the music isn’t organized like I had it. Half the artists don’t show up (or they show up in “Unknown”) and half the music files don’t show up. It’s all disorganized and I don’t know how to fix it. Any advice?

Are the ID3 tags for the files filled in, and correctly?  As a general matter, the Clips use the ID3 tags to organize the files for display purposes, not how the files are put into folders.  If you don’t have an ID3 tag editor, Internet freeware MP3Tag is a good one. 

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

The tags are filled in properly. Depending on where I get my music determines if the tags are filled out or not. I have gone back in several times to clarify that they are filled in yet it still doesn’t organize. If I plug in my old iPod, it’s all organized as I had put it, but not with the Zip Clip.

I’m a bit stumped–this almost always is an ID3 tagging issue.  One other possibility, for at least some of the songs:  are they in a format recoognized by the Clip, and not DRM-protected? 

Sometimes, just opening the problematic files in MP3Tag and resaving them (even though nothing has been changed) can fix issues–make sure that MP3Tag is set to the ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 format (perhaps that is what has fixed some files for me). 

I’m a bit stumped–this almost always is an ID3 tagging issue:  missing tags, tags with “illegal” characters or in a foreign language, etc.  One other possibility, for at least some of the songs:  are they in a format recoognized by the Clip, and not DRM-protected? 

Sometimes, just opening the problematic files in MP3Tag and resaving them (even though nothing has been changed) can fix issues–make sure that MP3Tag is set to the ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 format (perhaps that is what has fixed some files for me). 

I’m a bit stumped–this almost always is an ID3 tagging issue:  missing tags, tags with “illegal” characters or in a foreign language, etc.  One other possibility, for at least some of the songs:  are they in a format recoognized by the Clip, and not DRM-protected (such as iTunes songs before Apple dropped DRM protection)? 

I’m a bit stumped–this almost always is an ID3 tagging issue:  missing tags, tags with “illegal” characters or in a foreign language, etc.  One other possibility, for at least some of the songs:  are they in a format recognized by the Clip, and not DRM-protected (such as iTunes songs before Apple dropped DRM protection)?