Music cutting off Clip+ 4GB

Bought this recently, downloaded my MP3’s (via my mac) and for some reason a number of the tracks (80% of them) keep cutting off before the track has finished and jumps to the next song.

I can’t see a reason for it, they cut off a various points, usually around the 3 min mark but some before, some after. I also have some audio on their (mp3 format) and these don’t cut off at all, even running up to 5 min in length.

Can anyone shed some light on this - tried emailing Sansa but got a ‘reset and upload’ email - not very helpful when their update upload only works on PC’s - why produce an mp3 that works with a mac only some of the time?!?! 

Failing that, can anyone tell me where I need to send this to get my money back? I’m in the UK! 

Button12 wrote:

Bought this recently, downloaded my MP3’s (via my mac) and for some reason a number of the tracks (80% of them) keep cutting off before the track has finished and jumps to the next song.

I can’t see a reason for it, they cut off a various points, usually around the 3 min mark but some before, some after. I also have some audio on their (mp3 format) and these don’t cut off at all, even running up to 5 min in length.

Can anyone shed some light on this - tried emailing Sansa but got a ‘reset and upload’ email - not very helpful when their update upload only works on PC’s - why produce an mp3 that works with a mac only some of the time?!?! 

Failing that, can anyone tell me where I need to send this to get my money back? I’m in the UK! 

What format are the ones that cut off? There has to be some diffeence between the ones that work and the ones that don’t.

Button12 wrote:

What format are the ones that cut off? There has to be some difference between the ones that work and the ones that don’t.

I’m sure given enough info about your situation, we can help you but ‘failing that’, you would need to take (or send) it back to whoever you bought it from for your money back. SanDisk offers a 1 year replacement warranty on defective products, but that does not include refunds.

Your predicament does not sound like a defect, more like and incompatibility or misunderstanding of how it works.

Button12 wrote:

What format are the ones that cut off? There has to be some difference between the ones that work and the ones that don’t. Note that the Apple proprietary .aac or .m4p formats are not supported and won’t work on a Sansa device.

I’m sure given enough info about your situation, we can help you but ‘failing that’, you would need to take (or send) it back to whoever you bought it from for your money back. SanDisk offers a 1 year replacement warranty on defective products, but that does not include refunds.

Your predicament does not sound like a defect, more like an incompatibility of formats or misunderstanding of how it works.

Hi there - thanks for offering to help!

As I’m pretty technologically inept, I’m just going to cut and paste what the info box says from one of my songs that cuts off, and one of the audio one that keeps going - maybe you’ll notice the difference if there is one?

Song -

Kind:MPEG audio file

Size: 2.8MB

Bit Rate: 128kbps

Sample Rate:44.100kHz

Format: MPEG-1, Layer 3

Channels: Joint Stereo

ID3 Tag:v2.3

Encoded with: LAME3.97 

Audio -

Kind:MPEG audio file

Size: 3MB

Bit Rate: 64kbps

Sample Rate:22.050kHz

Format: MPEG-2, Layer 3

Channels: Mono

ID3 Tag:None

Encoded with: unknown

Does this help at all? Is there any other information I can give you?

I really want to keep my little gadget cause I love it apart from the fact I can’t listen to any of my songs all the way through!

Thank you :-)