Multiple issues with m250- anyone else?

I’ve had this m250 for about 3 months now. A little background- I only have 51 songs on my player and have about 1.5g of free space. My firmware is 4.1.08A, which appears to be the current firmware. I’ve tried just about everything I can think of to solve these issues to no avail. Does anyone have any tips or a similar experience? Here’s the list:

1. The sound just isn’t loud enough, and I’ve tried 3 different pairs of headphones. It was loud enough with one pair of headphones (impedance of 16ohms) at the max volume, but after about 45 minutes, the audio faded out about 25% and I could not get it to return to the previous volume level, even after resetting the m250, unplugging and plugging the headphones back in, etc. I’m not sure what the impedence of the other 2 pairs of headphones are, but I’m guessing it’s higher since the volume is lower with those 2 pairs. Either way, the only ones I could get a reasonable volume out of had an impedance of 16ohms, and the sound was not very good even though it was loud enough.

2. With the EQ, if I use the custom setting and change ANY band even the SLIGHTEST bit, it cuts the volume considerably. The only way to get it back to a reasonable volume is to reset all the bands. Also, sometimes the volume decreases randomly, and the only way to get it back to the volume it was at before is to go into the EQ, change the preset, and then change it back. Or sometimes I have to turn the volume down a few notches, then turn it back up. 

3. I use Windows XP Pro and just use the Explorer to add/delete songs. Every time I delete even one song from the player, when I disconnect the device and turn it on, anywhere between 1-3 songs will be missing from the player. When I reconnect the device to my computer, the songs show up in Explorer. If I disconnect the device and turn it on, the songs are not there. The only way to get them back is to connect the device to my computer and transfer the missing songs to the player again (I just choose to overwrite the ones already there). Then they’ll show up when I turn on the player. Is this normal?

4. Sometimes the player does not respond when I press the buttons. I’ll have to press them 4-5 times before it will do anything. 

5. This isn’t really a problem, but something I find odd. When I set it to shuffle, it seems to shuffle the same 5 songs about 3 times before it’ll move onto anything else. I have 50 songs on it, and it seems weird that it would play the same 5 songs 3 times rather than shuffling through the whole library. For instance, it’ll play one song, then it’ll play another one, and then it’ll play the same song it just played before the last one. It does this ALL THE TIME.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I keep seeing pretty positive reviews for this player online, and if mine isn’t defective, I can’t imagine how it would’ve gotten such good reviews. I bought the m250 for the gym, and I end up spending half my workout fiddling around with it. I’ve been in touch with support regarding a couple other issues, and I haven’t had a whole lot of success, so I’m just curious if anyone else has had any similar issues.

Thanks! 

I think i’m having the problems u mentioned,i registered it about 5 month ago,idon’t no i tried to format the mp3 & then after awhile the sound deacreses again…I was hoping we could get a help with this!!!