multiple genres (and cd number tag)

Will it be possible in a future firmware update to put multiple genres in the id3 tag? (like “Rock; Indie; Alternative”)

It would make the sort much easier.

and can the fuze interpretate the “cd number tag”?

(i’m from germany)

Message Edited by gony on 12-04-2008 02:15 PM

@gony wrote:

Will it be possible in a future firmware update to put multiple genres in the id3 tag? (like “Rock; Indie; Alternative”)

It would make the sort much easier.

I don’t know whether they are considering this or not. Probably not though, as it is the same problem Sansas have with multiple (or guest) artists on a single track, like duets. The Sansas gleen their information from the ID3 tags and they get a wee bit confused when they encounter too much information.

They like the KISS format the best: K eep I t S imple, S tupid! :smileyvery-happy:

@gony wrote:

and can the fuze interpretate the “cd number tag”?

Not yet, but I believe that capability is coming out in the next firmware release due out next week. If not, you can always edit the ID3 tags to include that info in the Album Title like I do.

Example:

ARTIST: Elvis Presley

ALBUM: Legendary Elvis - Disc 1 (or Disc 2, etc.)

Does any player support that? I don’t think its just a Sansa issue. Adding additional menu layers is a pretty big change. ID3 is really old, and I’m not sure its creators ever imagined it being used as much as it is!

I usually edit the track# tag and add hundreds for the songs on second disks; that way they show up under the same album, e.g. 1,2,3… for first disk, 201, 202, 203… for second.